1.    #1  
    I noticed that my screen does not wake up, and that I don't get the 'envelope' icon on my screen saver when I receive a new email while the device is in standby (i.e., screensaver is on). The only way I know if I have a new email is to turn on the screen. And just as the screen comes on, the new email 'count' bumps up as if it was just received.

My notification settings for email are exactly the same as for SMS, and SMS works fine.

Tested it at least 20 times and get the same results. I'm using Exchange Active Sync and a hosted 4smartphone account. There are zero additional apps on my phone.

Unless I'm missing the obvious, this is going to be unacceptable for me and I'll need to go back to my Centro until it gets fixed.
    Are you retrieving email automatically or manually. I have my Today screen showing my email/message status and it does show how many are there. But I retrieve them manually, not automaticallly. I also don't use the screensaver. I can try setting it to get them automatically and see what it does on mine. I get mine via a Comcast POP3 account.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Are you retrieving email automatically or manually. I have my Today screen showing my email/message status and it does show how many are there. But I retrieve them manually, not automaticallly. I also don't use the screensaver. I can try setting it to get them automatically and see what it does on mine. I get mine via a Comcast POP3 account.

This is 'push' email coming from an Excahnge 2007 server.
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay View Post
    This is 'push' email coming from an Excahnge 2007 server.
    I'll set mine to auto and see what happens. It may be a function of the phone workings, not the way the actual mail program is.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  5. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    The crazy thing is the screensaver doesn't have any support for emails, only missed calls and SMS, and the notification LED (flashing d-Pad) only works for Voicemail.

Absolutely crazy for a device that's supposed to be designed for messaging.
    (1) The screensaver does not indicate email--by design

(2) Exchange email does not wake the device-by design. Its a power-saviing choice and is standard on all WM devices.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Me2 View Post
    The crazy thing is the screensaver doesn't have any support for emails, only missed calls and SMS, and the notification LED (flashing d-Pad) only works for Voicemail.

Absolutely crazy for a device that's supposed to be designed for messaging.
    Crazy! I tought Palm would have fix it by now.

Also, I like the 800w to have Email and SMS in one line, but they are not. On Pro it is. Its too late now as 800w is going to be history soon.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    (1) The screensaver does not indicate email--by design

(2) Exchange email does not wake the device-by design. Its a power-saviing choice and is standard on all WM devices.
    Exactly right. And disabling the screensaver will give you audible notifications (either a sound or vibration) for new mail while the phone is sleeping (if you have a notification set for that event).
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
  9.    #9  
    I have the sceen saver enabled and get audible or vibrate notifications OK. My problem is not knowing I have new emails when I haven't been with my phone for a while.

You guys sure about no screen saver icon on the 800w for emails? It's been a while since I dumped mine but I could have sworn I got it on mine.
    Regular (non-exchange) email will wake the phone tho, correct?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    How can Palm have overlooked this? I have to turn the phone on every time I want to see if I missed/have an email? This could be a deal breaker for me and this might be going back to Sprint. I am playing around with PhoneAlarm which claims LED support but have not been able to get it to work. Any help?!?!?
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff248 View Post
    How can Palm have overlooked this? I have to turn the phone on every time I want to see if I missed/have an email? This could be a deal breaker for me and this might be going back to Sprint. I am playing around with PhoneAlarm which claims LED support but have not been able to get it to work. Any help?!?!?
    With PA it is always good to let Bruce know at the PA forums of any issues he will try his best to fix them.
    You know now that I think about it, my Touch Pro didn't wake up on a new email either. It just sounded an alert and vibrated like I set it to. My Touch would display a message on screen in addition to the others, but I don't remember if it would wake the phone or not.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    You can always edit the registry and enable repeat notifications.

There is an option of “Repeat” for “Playing sound” in “Sounds & Notifications” control panel of Windows Mobile. However, the “Repeat” check box is always grayed out for email.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications

There is a lot of registry sub-key inside the Notifications folder. Search through one by one to find and locate a registry entry that has its Default (REG_SZ) value as the name of the event. For example, Messaging: New e-mail message, Messaging: New text message... etc.

edit the value data for Options value name. Change the value to 1073741835.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff248 View Post
    Jeff budney is right it's best to post over in the PA forums and Bruce is really responsive. One short thing is that PA just turns on the beacon light not the led right and it can be a bit hard to notice in bright light.

On a side note, we GTP folks lamented the bizarre lack of an email icon on the screen saver too when first realized. I was sort of hoping the STP would have it, really shame.

Best I have found is to use PA so you get the beacon light at least, and I run a custom script that flags the mms waiting since I don't get any of those. That was the screensaver will show a waiting mms which is really an email (or potentially sms). Not ideal for many reasons, but it's been working well for me until Palm can do it right. I think Bruce may add the message icon support into a next beta if enough TP folks ask for it.
    Yeah it never did that on my 700wx. And I've noticed the pro doesn't as well. You just get a sound alert.