Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    Just had them check the SKU and Columbus Circle and Union Square both show in stock. I might go check it out. But if it's $479 I'm not biting.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeZ View Post
    Just had them check the SKU and Columbus Circle and Union Square both show in stock. I might go check it out. But if it's $479 I'm not biting.
    Was that the Sprint store or Best Buy?

    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Was that the Sprint store or Best Buy?

    Sorry, Best Buy. I ended up not getting it, as I didn't qualify for 2 yr renewal. You have to be 22+ months since your contract start date. They will send me a reminder in August. Not worth close to $500 for a phone...
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeZ View Post
    Sorry, Best Buy. I ended up not getting it, as I didn't qualify for 2 yr renewal. You have to be 22+ months since your contract start date. They will send me a reminder in August. Not worth close to $500 for a phone...
    I qualified for a 1 yr renewal. After the problems I had with the 800w and 755p, it was worth it, especially since I was able to keep my SERO plan.

    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    I qualified for a 1 yr renewal. After the problems I had with the 800w and 755p, it was worth it, especially since I was able to keep my SERO plan.

    Well, I have SERO also, and if it qualifies now, it should also qualify in August. Plus it will give me a chance to see if the Pre qualifies as well before making a decision.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeZ View Post
    Well, I have SERO also, and if it qualifies now, it should also qualify in August. Plus it will give me a chance to see if the Pre qualifies as well before making a decision.
    I would think it would still qualify. Truthfully, I am not that impressed by the Pre. Not because of the OS, but the design. I really don't like slider type phones that you have to open to fully use. It's just a quirk in my DNA, I guess.

    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  7. msglsom's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    I would think it would still qualify. Truthfully, I am not that impressed by the Pre. Not because of the OS, but the design. I really don't like slider type phones that you have to open to fully use. It's just a quirk in my DNA, I guess.

    LOL...we must be brothers then. I hate that form factor, too.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by msglsmo View Post
    LOL...we must be brothers then. I hate that form factor, too.
    I wonder if they have any legacy Treo designs in the works? That would be a cool phone to see. My guess is not, since the iPod-like screen seems to be what the masses are wanting these days.

    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeZ View Post
    Just had them check the SKU and Columbus Circle and Union Square both show in stock. I might go check it out. But if it's $479 I'm not biting.

    What's up BladeZ? I went to the Union Sq store last week and called them only to be frustrated by the response I got (not available maybe in a month). How much were they selling the STP for? $199? If so, I'm off to the store tomorrow! I'm OOC and will use the upgrade assuming they have it in stock. UPDATE: I just called BB @ Union Sq and they don't have it and don't know when they will. Either the employees are uninformed, poorly trained or correct. So BladeZ help me out.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by INTERNATIONAL View Post
    What's up BladeZ? I went to the Union Sq store last week and called them only to be frustrated by the response I got (not available maybe in a month). How much were they selling the STP for? $199? If so, I'm off to the store tomorrow! I'm OOC and will use the upgrade assuming they have it in stock. UPDATE: I just called BB @ Union Sq and they don't have it and don't know when they will. Either the employees are uninformed, poorly trained or correct. So BladeZ help me out.
    Strange, the BB Mobile in Times Square did a search and said 4 at Union and 2 at Columbus. I went to columbus and verified they had inventory, at least at 1pm today they did

    I can't see the other BB selling all 4 during the day. Bring the SKU with you and ask them to check via RSS.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    I would think it would still qualify. Truthfully, I am not that impressed by the Pre. Not because of the OS, but the design. I really don't like slider type phones that you have to open to fully use. It's just a quirk in my DNA, I guess.

    Seperated at birth maybe.

    I'm not much for sliders either.

    Treo Pro is the form factor for me.
    (read my sig)
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeZ View Post
    Strange, the BB Mobile in Times Square did a search and said 4 at Union and 2 at Columbus. I went to columbus and verified they had inventory, at least at 1pm today they did

    I can't see the other BB selling all 4 during the day. Bring the SKU with you and ask them to check via RSS.
    What is the SKU? i will call them back when I get your response. THANKS
  13.    #13  
    9175689
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeZ View Post
    9175689
    OK BladeZ,
    So the game plan is call and ask if they have STP SKU#9175689? I assume a regular rep would understand and know this but I will post my response in a few minutes.
  15. #15  
    ok, rep said thet are not allowed to sell the phone yet. i indicated that other NYC stores are selling it and can he confirm. He took my # and will call me back. So, yes they have the phone but are not in a position to sell the phone. Who knows...maybe I may go to your Times Sq location...
  16. #16  
    He called me back and 3/15 is the available date. He didn't even want to disclose how many units they have. ??????
  17.    #17  
    Might as well wait, or try columbus circle as the rep was more than happy to sell me the ones she had.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by INTERNATIONAL View Post
    ok, rep said thet are not allowed to sell the phone yet. i indicated that other NYC stores are selling it and can he confirm. He took my # and will call me back. So, yes they have the phone but are not in a position to sell the phone. Who knows...maybe I may go to your Times Sq location...
    I called ahead of time, and asked if they had it. Was told they had three. Asked who I should speak to when I came in. The person I talked to had been told I was coming. Asked how much it would cost, and could I extend my contract for the lowest price. Never any mention about them selling it early or anything. Smooth sale. I admit I was surprised.

    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    I called ahead of time, and asked if they had it. Was told they had three. Asked who I should speak to when I came in. The person I talked to had been told I was coming. Asked how much it would cost, and could I extend my contract for the lowest price. Never any mention about them selling it early or anything. Smooth sale. I admit I was surprised.

    yeah, I will call ahead. They mention $249 or $269 I forgot but would adjust the price if I had prove Sprint's price was cheaper

Posting Permissions