1.    #1  
    Is there a way to turn off threaded SMS messaging? I can't seem to find anyplace to do. I must be looking right past it. I want to turn it off because I get sports updates from ESPN and it lumps them all into one message. Nothing like getting basbetball, baseball, football and cricket messages all mixed up. TIA

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    There's an option in messaging to have threaded or normal texts. When I get my pro tomorrow I'll show you exactly where, unless someone answers sooner (and they probably will).
  3.    #3  
    I've looked everywhere, and can't find it. Under MMS/SMS options, the only thing you can change is the message priority and if want to included your phone number in replies.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    On my Touch Pro it's an option in Settings -> System
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    There was a simple registry edit on the Moto Q9h to disable threaded SMS but that registry key doesn't exist on the Treo Pro.

I looked through all of the settings under messaging, phone, system, and connections and there doesn't appear to be an option to disable it.

If you load the Advanced Configuration tool from XDA-Developers (also requires loading the .Net Framework CAB) there is an option there under messaging to disable threaded SMS - not sure if it works or not.
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    On my Touch Pro it's an option in Settings -> System
    I don't see anywhere in the Settings>System area to change messaging. I have the following icons: About, Backlight, Certificates, Clock & Alarm, Customer Feedback, Encryption, Error Reporting, External GPS, Managed Programs, Memory, PC Setup, Power, Regional Settings, Remove Programs, Screen, Task Manager, Update PRL, Update Profile, and Windows Update.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    A program called Advanced Configuration Tool may let you do it - it has a setting for that under the Messaging Tab
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcrompton View Post
    A program called Advanced Configuration Tool may let you do it - it has a setting for that under the Messaging Tab
    I don't seem to have that on my device anywhere. Where is the messaging tab you're referring to. Under MMS/SMS, the only options I have are setting message priority and do I want to include my phone number.

Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    I don't seem to have that on my device anywhere. Where is the messaging tab you're referring to. Under MMS/SMS, the only options I have are setting message priority and do I want to include my phone number.

The Advanced Configuration tool doesn't come pre-loaded on the device. You can get it over at the forum at XDA-Developers.com. It allows you to make many changes to the way the phone works that would otherwise only be available through registry edits. You will also need to load the .Net Compact Framework CAB file in order to use Advanced Configuration.

There is a Messaging section in the Advanced Configuration tool and the first option is "Disable Threaded SMS". It may or may not work on the Treo Pro - it did work on the HTC Touch Diamond and Touch Pro.
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
    Originally Posted by clickdeath:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM\SMSInboxThreadingDisabled

you need to create OEM key in Settings and create a DWORD SMSInboxThreadingDisabled and set it to 1
    Just call me Berd.
    I also found it here at TC:

Quote Originally Posted by Painter_ View Post
    If you are using poutlook for SMS you can change back to WM5 style of sms. I find this useful because I use SMS for infrastructure monitoring alerts.
    Create the following registry:

To have it have a one sided look (WM5.0):

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software\Microsoft \Inbox\Settings\OEM]
    "SMSInboxThreadingDisabled"=dword:00000001

To have it have a conversation stlye (WM6.1):

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software\Microsoft \Inbox\Settings\OEM]
    "SMSInboxThreadingDisabled"=dword:00000000
    edit;
    jag mentioned it in the hiccup thread but it may have gotten overlooked.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 03/15/2009 at 03:03 AM.
  12.    #12  
    Not being a super techno geek, it would sure be nice if Palm had just included the ability to do this from the program, like they did with the 800w and 755p.

On the Touch Pro its start, settings, system, text messaging and there you can select threaded or classic. I thought this was a Windows Mobile 6.1 setting and not a device thing.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Thanks for the mention berdin... I grabbed it from PPCGeeks.

Vibrant... it's not a WM6.1 thing. I remember when I had the Touch and it got updates to 6.1 people were looking for that key to disable it, since there were no icons. That's how I remembered the setting
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    There are a couple of freeware apps that allow you to toggle threaded/single--dunno if they work on the TP, but worth a shot.

Mode SMS; SMS Tweaker

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter