Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    A simple, cursory search at ppcgeeks (or any WM site) would give you a broad range of extremely similar complaints across many devices: Touch, more Touch, Mogul, more Mogul, more Mogul, more Mogul, more Mogul more Touch, Diamond, more Diamond, more Diamond, Touch Pro (when charging--very common), more Touch Pro, etc. Even the ol' 6700 had this problem.
    To reiterate, it is found on many WM devices. Personal experiences notwithstanding. Touch Pros are very susceptible to not being able to turn on in the morning after being charged overnight as 31pages and 300+ post attest to here.

And I have had it happen once or twice on a Treo Pro, specifically with IE6 open and RAM depletion causes the system to lag tremendously. That will happen on any WM device with not enough RAM/a program using too much.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 03/19/2009 at 09:05 AM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Don't know about other Windows Mobile devices, but I have this same problem with my 800w occassionally.
    VibrantRedGT, didn't your Touch Pro occasionally turn off when charging and unchecking the Today timeout resolved that right?
    I've never had it with the 3 WM devices I've owned.
    8525, 750, and now Gsm Treo Pro.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    VibrantRedGT, didn't your Touch Pro occasionally turn off when charging and unchecking the Today timeout resolved that right?
    Your are correct sir!

Also using a crappy wall charger I've read will sometimes do that. Not only to the TP but other WM devices.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Only had one night where my Touch Pro died and it was not long after an uninstall of some software I no longer wanted (TouchPal) and the uninstall had problems. So things acting up that night was not really a surprise to me.

Some mornings the Touch Pro is my alarm clock. That's the only morning it ever failed on its alarm clock duties .

Other than that once, it's never ever been found dead on the job. It's my 2nd Touch Pro. The first had broken WiFi, never had issues with it playing dead either.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Your are correct sir!

Also using a crappy wall charger I've read will sometimes do that. Not only to the TP but other WM devices.
    Yea, I've found most in the big thread that say they had a Touch Pro go dead while charging were able to find a means to prevent it from re-occurring.

If doing the same stuff with my Touch Pro as I used to do with my old 800ws was causing it to die, I'd stop using WM devices. But I'm doing with my Touch Pro the same as the old 800ws and more, without the Touch Pro playing dead.
    My phone doesn't wake up after the screen saver comes on.
    When the screen saver comes on, it's hard to get it to wake up:

1. Sometimes 50-60 presses will work

2. Turn ringer switch off/on

3. Insert/Remove card

4. Plug in/out charger

Basically, any kind of power surge will allow the phone to wake up.

I tried turning off the today screen option, no luck. Tried removing the card, no luck (except one time).

My first treo was replaced a year ago for issues that started like this. It would not go through a hard reset either.

This phone was in my pocket when a wave splashed against my pants. It wouldn't turn on at first. Dried out a bit and partially booted several times. Dried some more and would boot intermittantly, but would have multiple "phantom" button presses, especially the volume.

Totally disassembled the phone (removed keyboard and lcd from main board...that's about as far as I could figure out). Dried over night in ziplock with rice and moisture baggies.

worked really well the next day during a 5 hour drive w/ GPS leading the way, but now it won't wake up. My previous 800w started having these problems after a few drops of lens cleaner were sprayed on the lcd? I think these issues may be related to moisture.

Really love the phone, and not sure what I want to get now. Amazing to see all the posts on the Pre side of things.... suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    Really love the phone, and not sure what I want to get now. Amazing to see all the posts on the Pre side of things.... suggestions?
    Get the Treo Pro.

(I personally have and prefer the Touch Pro, but if you favor the Treo design get the Treo Pro. Both the Treo Pro and Touch Pro are far more stable overall than the Treo 800w. Or you can get the Touch Pro 2, which is coming out with Sprint early next month.)
    Thanks... I'm going to start a new thread for suggestions, and find out what the rest of us are doing. This sub forum is so dead!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12