Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Thats what I thought since its been design my HTC. I am sure Palm is telling them what to do.

I notice when I transfer file, there is no pop up message that says it has to convert. It is painfully slow as I dont want to take out the battery cover and get out the microSD.

I notice the battery cover is some cheap plastic cover? Maybe you can find an after market where you dont get it shiny and maybe a little rubbery like the 800w?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post

I notice when I transfer file, there is no pop up message that says it has to convert. It is painfully slow as I dont want to take out the battery cover and get out the microSD.
    Have you tried Card Export II yet? Seems some have found it helps, but I'd like to know how it works for you if you try it.
    I agree with a lot that has been said thus far:

-The windows key is quite stiff. Took some getting used to.

-The radio is noticeably worse than the 800w. I had no reception problems at all with the 800w in my home. I've already lost quite a few calls with the Pro. That alone may be a deal breaker if I can't have coherent conversation at home.

-I'm not really feeling the whole SMS/MMS/Email combination thing. I prefer the stock SMS App on the 800w.

However, the phone is still sexier and battery life is a significantly better.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanC1906 View Post
    I agree with a lot that has been said thus far:

-The windows key is quite stiff. Took some getting used to.

-The radio is noticeably worse than the 800w. I had no reception problems at all with the 800w in my home. I've already lost quite a few calls with the Pro. That alone may be a deal breaker if I can't have coherent conversation at home.

-I'm not really feeling the whole SMS/MMS/Email combination thing. I prefer the stock SMS App on the 800w.

However, the phone is still sexier and battery life is a significantly better.

Crap... another "reception" issue for someone.

I thought you could get no worse than the reception on the 800... it was really crappy.

Treo pro is a nice pda that can be used occasionally as a cell phone. Got it!

As I just stated in another thread, I'll be glad when moto comes out with a touch screen phone... until then, we all make sacrifices with our pda/phone combos.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Crap... another "reception" issue for someone.

I thought you could get no worse than the reception on the 800... it was really crappy.

Treo pro is a nice pda that can be used occasionally as a cell phone. Got it!

As I just stated in another thread, I'll be glad when moto comes out with a touch screen phone... until then, we all make sacrifices with our pda/phone combos.
    Can you watch videos from a TV Network on the phone? If I went to cbs.com would I be able to stream a video with no downloaded additional equipment?
    My Pro's reception is also noticibly **WORSE** than what I had on the 800w. I live in a so-so reception area, but my 800w always maintained a decent EVDO signal. Now, I only get 1X with the Pro at my house. Very disappointing, indeed.
    Re; reception;

People need not freak out about this. I rate the Pro right there with the diamond and touch pro. Slightly worse than the 800w. I think it is worse by a small and acceptable margin.

What adds to the issue is that the signal strength indicator tends to lean pessimistic so it seems worse. Like I said before I have only noticed a small difference in fringe areas and it was the same with both diamond and pro.

Per usual, setting network to Sprint only helps.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I am sitting in my office cube right now where I get 1 bar on my 800w and my colleague iphones get drop because we are in a dead zone. I dont think 3g is that great.

Right now I am seeing 1 bar on my Pro.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    I am coming from the 755p and so far the reception has been pretty good...same as what I had with the 755p.

This is my first WM device...I have not been able to play with it much, but so far is good. I just need to find a few apps to do what I did on Palm OS.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I didn't like the way it felt in my hands. Went to Sprint yesterday to play with it
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
    Why didn't you like the way it felt?
    I was happy that it is still "heavy" in my hand like my 700P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    Re; reception;

People need not freak out about this. I rate the Pro right there with the diamond and touch pro. Slightly worse than the 800w. I think it is worse by a small and acceptable margin.
    Can't say I've found my Sprint HTC Touch Pro has any reception issues at all. Given I've got a January 2009 Touch Pro build, mine has the latest of everything and none of the issues some who got the Touch Pro earlier had.

And with devices like the Sprint HTC Touch Pro, anyone with radio issues can select from various available radio ROMs. Unfortunately, the Treo Pro has no slate of available radio ROMs like that. Which is why you folks need to get on Sprint's back about this now.

If you guys get on Sprint you'll get some help and maybe get your own slate of radio ROMs.
    Please keep your reviews coming. I'm still on the fence about the Pro.

I have an 800W and am wondering if it's worth the $200 or wait a bit longer for the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by agibbs996 View Post
    please keep your reviews coming. I'm still on the fence about the pro.

I have an 800w and am wondering if it's worth the $200 or wait a bit longer for the pre.
    +1
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    So far I like the phone minus the fingerprints and less extend the keyboard.

The phone feel like its not in my pants. With it the 800w it does.
    agreed. pros and cons.

Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    So far I like the phone minus the fingerprints and less extend the keyboard.

The phone feel like its not in my pants. With it the 800w it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    I'm having some issues making it work with my car's Hands Free Bluetooth. I think most of the issues are with the Stereo and not the phone. I can't dial outgoing calls from the screen (I had a Kenwood DDX 512), but it says that in the compatability list on Kenwood's site. But I am able to call from the phone and it works. But when I hang up, I have to cycle power to make another call. I also have to have the BT in the discovery mode to have it work with stereo (with the 755p, I could hide it once they were paired and it would still work).

Its compatible with the 800w on a limited basis. I have been experimenting with the setup, so far I have discovered a few things.

Outgoing -

If the 800w screen is locked, the bluetooth 5120/BT200 cannot dial from the address book, or the recent call lists. If the 800w screen is unlocked, the 5120/BT200 unit can only dial from the recent call lists. If you dial from the 800w itself, the 5120/BT200 unit automatically switches to phone mode. - This is how I have been dialing outbound calls most of the time.

Incoming -

Works whether the treo is locked or unlocked. This is mostly how i use it anyway. It interupts the music.

Voice Command -

Not setup yet. I would imagine it would follow the same rules as above.

I believe this is a windows setting somewhere. I would love to have a hack that would allow the 5120/BT200 to dial out using the phonebook. I hate fishing my phone out of my pocket to make a call. It defeats the purpose of handsfree.

If anyone has information on this topic/thread please let me know!

Thanks

Anthony Offredi

300 -> 500 -> 600 -> 650 -> 755 -> 800w.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345