Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    So Bodyguard will cure my fingerprint blues?

Does it cover the the buttons at the top of the keyboard also?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    So Bodyguard will cure my fingerprint blues?
    I've been telling you that for a long time .

Does it cover the the buttons at the top of the keyboard also?
    I don't know.

Since I'm using BodyGuardz on a Touch Pro and don't have a Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Oh, I had not been paying attention at all.

I have to think first. I have to decide now cause I like to get this guard on before I use it.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    It locks the screen when you get a call, but you can use the palm button to navigate over to unlock it. I have the unlocked version but it should be the same.
    I found the setting for that.
    Settings->Personal->Keyguard
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Oh, I had not been paying attention at all.

I have to think first. I have to decide now cause I like to get this guard on before I use it.
    Well if you order the guard today...
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Just picked up the Pro at the Sprint store in Independence, Mo.

First Impressions:

1. Good phone, good response.
    2. Keyboard not as bad as I first thought it might be.
    3. You can update the PRL ota!!! PRL went to 60651 after I updated.
    4. I also picked up the Sprint/Seidio Phone Cover and Holster combo. It is good, too. Like the hinge on the holster so the plastic doesn't break.

So far, so good.
    So now the Sprint stores are selling early too!
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Get yourself BodyGuardz. It will not only help make it easier to remove fingerprints, it does not pick up as many fingerprints and also protects your device from getting scratched up. You'll have to get the existing fingerprints off your device before applying BodyGuardz, unless you want to see them forever .

I highly recommend you not use Titan. The "Titan" icon on your device links to a web site where you can download and install it. We who have used it know it's probably better that you don't. It's a resource hog and other Java runtimes like Jbed run better. Titan is a Java runtime created by Sprint. Carriers should not go trying to make Java runtimes, because so far Sprint has shown they don't do it well . And a carrier specific Java runtime totally defies the whole lockdown mess that Java was created to eliminate.

Regarding the GPS on your device. You've likely only been using the "assisted" GPS so far. To test that your device has true stand alone GPS, follow these instructions. You'll need to find out the correct port for GPS on the Treo Pro, I'm not certain it's the same as the Touch Pro port number and you'll need to be outside in a clear open area before trying to actually start the GPS via the program I suggested using in that link. (NoniGPSPlot - v2.74)
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'm planning on getting a case for it, so the fingerprints won't be that big of an issue. It seems a little harder to clean compared to the iPhone/iPod Touch that has the same black plastic on the back.

As for the GPS, I'm going to play with it this weekend. I'm in a hospital all day and can't do much with it. When you refer to a port for GPS, what exactly are you referring to? An external GPS receiver? I don't know if the Pro has a built in GPS chip in it or not. I know the iPhone does. From what I've seen on the Pro it gave my location last night to within 25 feet of where I was at. From the same location using a Centro and Google Maps, the best I could get was about 1/3 mile. What I've seen so far is the Pro GPS is comparable to the iPhone for finding locations. As for the rest, that remains to be seen.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    One of the Sprint stores here in my town actually wouldn't sell it to me. I went to the next closest store and had no problems.
  10.    #30  
    Can't loose sales to Best Buy, now can they?

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by msglsmo View Post
    Just picked up the Pro at the Sprint store in Independence, Mo.

First Impressions:

1. Good phone, good response.
    2. Keyboard not as bad as I first thought it might be.
    3. You can update the PRL ota!!! PRL went to 60651 after I updated.
    4. I also picked up the Sprint/Seidio Phone Cover and Holster combo. It is good, too. Like the hinge on the holster so the plastic doesn't break.

So far, so good.
    What do you think of the phone cover & holster combo? I just saw it in another thread here and it looks pretty nice! Could you take some hi-res shots of that for another thread maybe? And it was $30 total correct?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    What do you think of the phone cover & holster combo? I just saw it in another thread here and it looks pretty nice! Could you take some hi-res shots of that for another thread maybe? And it was $30 total correct?
    It was indeed $30. A very good price for the combo! I ended up paying $5 after exchanging the Palm 800w clip that I had bought there a few weeks ago.

I really like the fit of the cover. The belt clip is nice, too. Really like how the phone faces in towards the clip.

If I can find my camera, I will get some shots this afternoon and put them in the other thread about the combo.
    cool thanks!
    I've had the Innocase II from Seido and today I just ordered bodyguardz protective clear protection cover. I truly love the Innocase II.
    Hey a fellow Miamian!

I had Ghost Armor on my Touch Pro which worked pretty well. Then I had to send the Pro in for warranty so I lost it
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post

As for the GPS, I'm going to play with it this weekend. I'm in a hospital all day and can't do much with it. When you refer to a port for GPS, what exactly are you referring to? An external GPS receiver? I don't know if the Pro has a built in GPS chip in it or not. I know the iPhone does. From what I've seen on the Pro it gave my location last night to within 25 feet of where I was at. From the same location using a Centro and Google Maps, the best I could get was about 1/3 mile. What I've seen so far is the Pro GPS is comparable to the iPhone for finding locations. As for the rest, that remains to be seen.

Your Treo Pro has a GPS chip in it, of that I am certain, but the question everyone is asking you is, can it start and run without a phone signal ? Your 800w had a GPS chip that would only start if there was a cell signal available. (That's what pages of debate were about.) People want to know, if they buy a Sprint Treo Pro and go off in the the deep woods with some mapping software and are far from cell signal range, can the GPS still be of any good use? Your testing will let everyone know for certain. No pressure .

(And there are people who travel and would like to buy a throw away phone for phone calls when overseas, but still use the Treo Pro for WiFi and GPS. The list of needs is many.)

Here's the easiest way to get your GPS port number. Go into "Settings" and select the "System" tab at the bottom of the screen. Then look for an "External GPS" icon. If you have one, great, click it and the first thing on that screen will show you the port number your GPS works on. If you don't have the "External GPS" icon...that might not be such a good sign.
    Can't loose sales to Best Buy, now can they?

Sprint gets the contract ($$$the real money maker$$$), so they should not care much if Best Buy gets a few extra sales of the product.

I think those Sprint store managers don't want people walking out the door with nothing and simply going to a competing carrier to buy something else.
  18.    #38  
    Your Treo Pro has a GPS chip in it, of that I am certain, but the question everyone is asking you is, can it start and run without a phone signal ? Your 800w had a GPS chip that would only start if there was a cell signal available. (That's what pages of debate were about.) People want to know, if they buy a Sprint Treo Pro and go off in the the deep woods with some mapping software and are far from cell signal range, can the GPS still be of any good use? Your testing will let everyone know for certain. No pressure .

(And there are people who travel and would like to buy a throw away phone for phone calls when overseas, but still use the Treo Pro for WiFi and GPS. The list of needs is many.)

Here's the easiest way to get your GPS port number. Go into "Settings" and select the "System" tab at the bottom of the screen. Then look for an "External GPS" icon. If you have one, great, click it and the first thing on that screen will show you the port number your GPS works on. If you don't have the "External GPS" icon...that might not be such a good sign.
    It does have the external GPS icons, says that it is on Com4. As for the GPS w/o the phone, the two times I've used it, it downloads something before it displays it. If it is downloading via phone or GPS I'm not sure how to tell. What if I turn the phone off, and then use the GPS? Would that be a way to tell?

19.    #39  
    Just noticed that the software driving the MMS functions of the Pro is Arcsoft. Didn't they have a program that did this for older phones?

It does have the external GPS icons, says that it is on Com4. As for the GPS w/o the phone, the two times I've used it, it downloads something before it displays it. If it is downloading via phone or GPS I'm not sure how to tell. What if I turn the phone off, and then use the GPS? Would that be a way to tell?

OK, so your device is using the same port number as the Touch Pro, you can use the instructions I gave in that other thread to the letter when testing. Just make sure you're outside in a clear and open area when trying to start the GPS.

You've been using Sprint Navigation and other wireless data based navigation programs. They need the data connection to work.

The instructions I gave you using NoniGPSPlot - v2.74, if followed exactly, you will be able to tell if the GPS can work all by its self. If during those tests your device tries to make a data (or phone) connection, then it would mean your device needs a Sprint signal in order to work.

The GPS chip we hope can do both stand alone (by its self) and assisted (with Sprint connection) GPS.

If you turn your Sprint Navigation on right now indoors away from windows, you probably can make a little map of your current location (or plot a course to some other location) if you have a Sprint phone signal where you're at right now. That's assisted GPS. It works indoors and that's one of its benefits. We're just trying to see what happens when the benefit of a Sprint signal is not around and you're outdoors trying to use the GPS.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast