1.    #1  
    I'm trying to get videos that I record with my Pro to play on my desktop. Has anybody tried this and have you had any luck with it? Everytime I try I get
    Error-2041: an invalid sample description was found in the movie
  2.    #2  
    Does anyone else even use the video recorder?
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    Does anyone else even use the video recorder?
    What file format are the videos? .3GP? While I think Quicktime will play them (even though I hate quicktime)., one method is to copy to you desktop and then convert to mpeg or WMA using Mobile Media Creator from MIKSOFT (it's free and works great). Then you can watch them just fine.
  4. hjt
    There's a very simple fix for the 'Error-2041: an invalid sample description was found in the movie'!

Just rename the video file - change the extension from MP4 to 3GP and it'll now play fine on QuickTime!
    Last edited by hjt; 03/13/2009 at 09:12 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by hjt View Post
    There's a very simple fix for the 'Error-2041: an invalid sample description was found in the movie'!

Just rename the video file - change the extension from MP4 to 3GP and it'll now play fine on QuickTime!
    That did it! Thank you so much. I searched for days trying to find the answer. I'm new to this site and I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    That did it! Thank you so much. I searched for days trying to find the answer. I'm new to this site and I love it.
    You're welcome. It's one of those little annoying things that has a simple solution, yet is not explained anywhere.

It had baffled me too until I did a little digging and figured it out. Hopefully others who run into it will benefits from the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by hjt View Post

Thanks as well, spent a few hours also trying to figure that one out. Why would Palm use a media format that your standard media players (Real Player, Quiktime and Windows media player) can't read without you re-naming it. Seems kind of strange.

BTW what is the easiest way to change the extension from MPEG4 to 3GP. I have been copying it across to a document as a MPEG4 then inserting it into an email and then changing it from outlook and then copying and pasting it back to the document. Is there an easier way? I can't seem to change the extension from simply a "my document" file.