Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Took a chance and called my closest Best Buy, in Beaverton Oregon. Asked them if they had any Sprint Treo Pros in stock, and gave them the SKU #. I was told they had three of them in stock in the store. Went in and talked to the mobile reps. Making a long story short, the cost of the unit at BB will be $249 w/new line & two years, $269 for upgrade and two year extension, $429 for upgrade and 1 year extention. Since I only qualified for a one year extention, you know what I had to do. But I was so frustrated with my experiences with the 800w and 755p, it was worth it. But the good news is they did allow me to keep my SERO plan intact. No hassles, nothing, just badda-boom, badda-bing, out the door. I guess I could afford a little more up front since I only pay $30/month for my plan.

FYI, out of the box, stock unit, no third party apps installed, I have 41.14mb free program memory out of 80.54 installed.

First impressions are very positive. I am able to send a true MMS picture message without having to download any programs. That is a big plus for me. Right now it's on the charger, so I'll post some more user impressions after I've played with if for awhile.

Oh, yes, BB is also calling this the Sprint Palm Pro in their ads. But the box calls it the Treo Pro.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Cool, and you may be able to get them to give you a little money back once Sprint releases it for cheaper, price match.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Cool, and you may be able to get them to give you a little money back once Sprint releases it for cheaper, price match.
    One can always hope. I'm just glad they let me keep the SERO.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    I thought someone already posted the specs, but I can't find them.

Could you please post yours?

Here's the Specs before Recall:
    Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional Edition
    CE OS 5.2.20765 (Build 20765.1.4.4)
    Processor: Qualcomm MSM7501A-528MHz

Software Version: T850EWW-1.03-SPT
    Firmware Version: 1.11.30F
    PRL: 60650
    Just call me Berd.
    no problems with sero on this. the instinct and likely the Pre, which has about 15 things in common as far as sprints marketing and wording, are the ones with the stricter requirements.

By the way I have had palm reps call this the Palm Pro in instead of Treo Pro so it isn't just best buy.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I thought someone already posted the specs, but I can't find them.

Could you please post yours?

Here's the Specs before Recall:
    Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional Edition
    Processor: Qualcomm MSM7501A-528MHz

Software Version: T850EWW-1.03-SPT
    PRL: 60650
    Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
    Processor: MSM7501A-528MHZ

Software version: T850EWW-1.04SPT
    PRL ID: 60650

Looks like the only difference is in the software version.

I found the post I saw from eng1neer:

Quote Originally Posted by eng1neer View Post
    I took mine by a sprint store.. the Asst Mgr had one from a month ago and the firmware has been rolled a revision.... His had 1.03 and mine had 1.04

T850EWW=1.04-SPT to be exact.

Firmware shows 1.11.30F
    Just call me Berd.
    What is the SKU number at Best Buy for the Treo Pro?

UPDATE: Answered own question: 9175689
    Last edited by mikec; 03/10/2009 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Added SKU
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    What is the SKU number at Best Buy for the Treo Pro?

UPDATE: Answered own question: 9175689
    I'm curious why Bestbuy would sell the phone in limited locations. Its in NC and Oregon but not in NYC? No disrepect to other locations but why no info in the Manhattan stores???
    Quote Originally Posted by INTERNATIONAL View Post
    I'm curious why Bestbuy would sell the phone in limited locations. Its in NC and Oregon but not in NYC? No disrepect to other locations but why no info in the Manhattan stores???
    This is all you need to know why NY ain't hittin' it...

:-)
  11.    #11  
    No idea. It maybe that Sprint doesn't want the phone sold till a certain date. I was surprised that they sold me one. There was no display model, or any stock on the floor. It may vary from area to area. The fact that this store only had three may say something about the stock they have on hand.

One nice feature that I've found but haven't seen anyone mention is the ability to do an automatic PRL update from the Programs screen. Neat.

That was funny mikec. Its still unbelievable that NYC is behind the marketing ball. I wonder if the economic crisis or current costs influenced that decision. I mean one slice of pizza with sausage can cost $4.75. I use to buy a couple of slices and a drink from that place but not any more.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    The store in Roanoke, VA sold me one, but I let them know at the end of February that I was still waiting for one, and had a Touch Pro that I wanted to return. They called me on Tuesday and let me know they had one in stock. I went and exchanged it right away. Had to pay the $249.99 price (for now anyway), and hope they lower the price and I will go try and get a refund.

That was funny mikec. Its still unbelievable that NYC is behind the marketing ball. I wonder if the economic crisis or current costs influenced that decision. I mean one slice of pizza with sausage can cost $4.75. I use to buy a couple of slices and a drink from that place but not any more.
    With guys in funny looking outfits jumping around while using lame metaphors and speaking of themselves in the 3rd person in the not too distant past, it's apparent Oakland has been behind on a few things too .
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    How much did you get the phone for?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    How much did you get the phone for?
    Way too much. I have two phones on the SERO plan, one is Nextel, one is a Sprint. Both are qualifed for upgrades, the Nextel for a two year one, the Sprint for a one year one. But I couldn't use the Nextel phone to upgrade, so I was stuck paying for the one year upgrade price. That was $429.99. It is a bit steep but the combination of being frustrated by the 700wx (no MMS), the 800w (won't answer incoming calls), and 755p (random resets for no reason at all), I wanted a phone that would work reliably. So far this one looks like a winner. Since I'm only paying $30/month for my plan, I guess I felt I could afford to spend a little more.

It sounds like you got a pre-recall version. How do you plan to upgrade it?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousyellow View Post
    It sounds like you got a pre-recall version. How do you plan to upgrade it?
    What makes you think it is a pre-recall version? The software version is 1.04-SPT. Also my program memory is right now 44.14mb. It has been as low as 31.33mb and as high as this 44.14, depending on what apps I have running. My PRL ID is now 60651 after doing an update last night.

Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    What makes you think it is a pre-recall version?
    he's just confused about the price I believe, but you do have the latest:
    • Software version: T850EWW-1.04SPT = new
    • Software version: T850EWW-1.03SPT = old

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    he's just confused about the price I believe, but you do have the latest:
    • Software version: T850EWW-1.04SPT = new
    • Software version: T850EWW-1.03SPT = old
    So, does it look like just a Sprint update of some sort, and nothing else?
    Just call me Berd.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast