Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    What makes you think it is a pre-recall version? The software version is 1.04-SPT. Also my program memory is right now 44.14mb. It has been as low as 31.33mb and as high as this 44.14, depending on what apps I have running. My PRL ID is now 60651 after doing an update last night.

Sorry, misread the quote of a quote. I thought yours was the 1.03-SPT.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    So, does it look like just a Sprint update of some sort, and nothing else?
    I'm not sure if we'll ever really know what changed. Couple of things
    • Nitf said something about they re-compiled the ROM--that may have been it
    • The Sprint version number is just the ROM version for Sprint. The 1.04 just differentiates it from 1.03 for "official" reasons, though substantially it might not be that different

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3.    #23  
    So, does it look like just a Sprint update of some sort, and nothing else?
    That's what it appears to be. I haven't noticed anything to indicate otherwise. Right now I'm just fooling around with it, trying to unlearn the Palm OS way of doing things, and remembering how the WinMobile OS does stuff. I'm impressed so far.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Hurry up and do your; Everything is Running Perfectly Sprite Backup, before you start installing apps and it starts acting up.
    Just call me Berd.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I'm not sure if we'll ever really know what changed. Couple of things
    • Nitf said something about they re-compiled the ROM--that may have been it
    • The Sprint version number is just the ROM version for Sprint. The 1.04 just differentiates it from 1.03 for "official" reasons, though substantially it might not be that different
    Is it possible they did something to the firmware but since it was never "officially" released, they didn't change the version number? The phone seems pretty stable, haven't had any 755p resets yet and I've gotten every incoming call . Those are two big pluses.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  6.    #26  
    Hurry up and do your; Everything is Running Perfectly Sprite Backup, before you start installing apps and it starts acting up.
    Did that last night after setting up my email. It is really nice having it installed in ROM, only took about 2 minutes to do it. Another plus is have the PRL update program installed on ROM as well. Saves hanging on the phone with Sprint pleading for them to do it. I went from 60650 to 60651 when I ran it.

Are you going to try getting one in the Portland area? Beaverton had three when I called, not sure about the other stores. What I'd really like to get is a gel case/cover for it, but not sure if any are available locally. I got one off eBay but it'll be a few days for it to get here.

Did that last night after setting up my email. It is really nice having it installed in ROM, only took about 2 minutes to do it. Another plus is have the PRL update program installed on ROM as well. Saves hanging on the phone with Sprint pleading for them to do it. I went from 60650 to 60651 when I ran it.

Are you going to try getting one in the Portland area? Beaverton had three when I called, not sure about the other stores. What I'd really like to get is a gel case/cover for it, but not sure if any are available locally. I got one off eBay but it'll be a few days for it to get here.

I have the GSM.
    I'm very interested in the success of the Treo Pro (no matter what carrier)
    because the more users the greater the chance of getting the talented modifiers/tweakers/hackers/developers.

There wasn't many on board with the 750, and that forum is pretty much asleep.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I got one at a Best Buy today in suburban Denver. They said they got three in last night. Phone worked fine in the store. After I left, no data connection. I called sprint and after some provisioning and hard reset and more provisioning, still no data. Back to Best Buy, exchanged for new unit. Data now working.
    I was told they had three of them in stock in the store.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsab72 View Post
    He had 3 in stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkco View Post
    I got one at a Best Buy today in suburban Denver. They said they got three in last night.
    Is this just coincidence?
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousyellow View Post
    Is this just coincidence?
    1) Maybe they aren't expecting to sell too many;

2) Maybe there aren't that many to be sold;

3) Maybe they'll get a big shipment in on Friday;

4) Maybe it's all a figment of our imagination, and it will be the Pre being sold next week, not the Pro......

1) Maybe they aren't expecting to sell too many;

2) Maybe there aren't that many to be sold;

3) Maybe they'll get a big shipment in on Friday;

4) Maybe it's all a figment of our imagination, and it will be the Pre being sold next week, not the Pro......
    Maybe after they got stuck with having to send back 20 per store in January they are playing it safe this time. Actually, what I really think is this. They had an exclusive in January, so they needed more units. Sunday they'll be competing with Sprint so they won't need as many per store.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I have the Palm 800 W car charger as well as other chargers, will the sync cable and charger work on the Treo Pro? It looks like the connection is a bit bigger and different shape.
    Is the device as snappy as the 800w?
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    ivhs72,

$430 for the phone?

I got 7 mth left in my contract. I'll see how much I get it for this Sun if Sprint put it on their website.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Is the device as snappy as the 800w?
    They're about the same for core apps; Treo Pro loads "big stuff" faster but also occasionally lags when switching apps. Overall it is comparable to the 800w but I feel the 800w is more consistent in speed. Like any "new" device, it'll seem real fast out of the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by KitC View Post
    I have the Palm 800 W car charger as well as other chargers, will the sync cable and charger work on the Treo Pro? It looks like the connection is a bit bigger and different shape.
    Same plugs. All 800w stuff will work--microUSB.

Like any "new" device, it'll seem real fast out of the box.
    So true...

I picked up a Centro today for fun tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    So true...

I picked up a Centro today for fun tho
    I love the Centro! I bought mine when it first came out on a whim--I just played with it and was like "awesome--must have nao".

I love the Centro! I bought mine when it first came out on a whim--I just played with it and was like "awesome--must have nao".
    I'll be carrying it with my 800w for a while.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by KitC View Post
    The cables for the 800w work with it. I just got a car charger for the 800w and it works just fine.

20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    ivhs72,

$430 for the phone?

I got 7 mth left in my contract. I'll see how much I get it for this Sun if Sprint put it on their website.
    I didn't have lot of room to wiggle with BB. Those were the prices they offered, take it or leave it. Dealing with Sprint directly you may have a better chance, especially if you talk to retentions and remind them how many customers they're loosing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast