1.    #1  
    Is it me or is the Contact application different in the Pro than the 800W?

I can't seem to be able to figure it out fully?

Never mind I found it.............LOL
    Last edited by Triple xXx; 03/10/2009 at 11:29 AM.
    It's not different at all, what's different is the way you look up contacts on the Treo Pro as oppose to the Treo 800w. The 800w uses the custumized Palm lookup field just like the one used on the GSM version of the Treo 750 as well as Palm's legendary threaded txt msg application on all previous Palm OS Treo line.

On the other hand, the Treo Pro uses the native WM/HTC's contact look up field and it also uses WM's threaded msg, which in my opinion I prefer the threaded msg application Palm designed for the Treo 750 and 800w.

So I hope I have answered your question ok.
    Just start typing their name from the Today screen.
    Example: I'm at the Today Screen, I type a 'B' and it goes to the Dialer and gives me any of my contacts starting with 'B' in eathier their first name or last name. If the next letter I type is 'O' then it reduces the choices to my Contacts that either their first name or last name starts with 'Bo' at anytime I can just scroll thru the filtered selections or I can continue to type the last 'B' for my friend Bob, and now the only contacts to choose from are contacts "Bob**** All the same options are there; the choice to Call, Email or Text.

Another feature is where you can also dial numbers and it'll match it up to your contacts.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Just start typing their name from the Today
    Another feature is where you can also dial numbers and it'll match it up to your contacts.
    I love this functio really where I could match a phone no. that I may not know but it is stored physically in my contacts just by entering the digits alone, instead of a name.
    Chester Vargas - Palm VII, Handspring Visor, T2, T3, TX, Treo 650, 680, 750, Treo Pro ==> iPhone 3GS 32GB ==> Pre Plus at&t ==> Pixi Plus at&t ==> Pre Plus at&t
    Here's a neat feature I didn't know we had:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...-contacts.html
    Just call me Berd.