Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by matt351 View Post
    Newbie here. I keep seeing everyone post Sprint's $199 price, but no one is mentioning that this is AFTER the mail-in-rebate. Is there a way to get that price at the store without having to mess with the pesky rebate?
    Best Buy. Once Sprint starts selling for $199 on Sunday, Best Buy will do the same minus the mail in hassle.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    That's what I'm hoping. I wonder if the upgrade price will be $219 if they do adjust the price since the upgrade price is currently $269. I hate that new customers get better deals than existing loyal customers.
    That's what I'm hoping. I wonder if the upgrade price will be $219 if they do adjust the price since the upgrade price is currently $269. I hate that new customers get better deals than existing loyal customers.
    If you are up for an upgrade you can get the discount on the Treo from BestBuy. For example, the Curve is/was discounted to $49 at BB but Sprint has it online for $99. I picked one up from BB and it was fairly simple.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    That's what I thought BB would do, but when looking at their current Mobile Ad it has two different prices for the Pro. New customers $249 and upgrades $269. They usually list just one price that's valid for both new customers and existing customers. I'm trying to get my wife a new phone without spending an arm and a leg.
    That's what I thought BB would do, but when looking at their current Mobile Ad it has two different prices for the Pro. New customers $249 and upgrades $269. They usually list just one price that's valid for both new customers and existing customers. I'm trying to get my wife a new phone without spending an arm and a leg.
    Well, I suggest you wait until 3/15 and see when BB matches their price point. That's my game plan. Sprint will make you go through a long rebate process and that certainly isn't the best method to reduce costs with the product in-hand
    For what it's worth...Sprint made me pay $249 after rebates ($100) today when I ordered mine from telesales. I asked if it wasn't supposed to be $199 and they said no, that the lowest price was $249. If they come out Sunday with it for $199, I will make them refund me the difference.
    Talked with telesales tonight and I was down @ $199 (no shipping or upgrade fees) after $100 rebate, but I have a casual EVDO data plan from years ago and will not upgrade to what they want me to...minimum of a $30 data plan for the $100 rebate. Prior to this I talked with a local corporate Sprint store and they said the only way to get the $100 was to upgrade my data plan, but telesales said ohh yah you qualify for the rebate without upgrading...only need to renew for 2 years...so who would I believe? I trust my local corp. Sprint store over some telephone sales person.

Thoughts on getting screwed by telesales out of a rebate that I later don't qualify for? Thought about making a note in my account, but I've heard bad stories about Sprint's rebates. Thinking of just going to Best Buy since they ran my account and for their price I don't have to change my plan so I know what my bottom line will be ~ $280 out of the door vs. $325 or $225 out the door from telesales.

Anyone have the rebate form from telesales? Or know what the data plan requirement is?

SparcEE
    Quote Originally Posted by SparcEE View Post
    Talked with telesales tonight and I was down @ $199 (no shipping or upgrade fees) after $100 rebate, but I have a casual EVDO data plan from years ago and will not upgrade to what they want me to...minimum of a $30 data plan for the $100 rebate. Prior to this I talked with a local corporate Sprint store and they said the only way to get the $100 was to upgrade my data plan, but telesales said ohh yah you qualify for the rebate without upgrading...only need to renew for 2 years...so who would I believe? I trust my local corp. Sprint store over some telephone sales person.

Thoughts on getting screwed by telesales out of a rebate that I later don't qualify for? Thought about making a note in my account, but I've heard bad stories about Sprint's rebates. Thinking of just going to Best Buy since they ran my account and for their price I don't have to change my plan so I know what my bottom line will be ~ $280 out of the door vs. $325 or $225 out the door from telesales.

Anyone have the rebate form from telesales? Or know what the data plan requirement is?

SparcEE
    Best Buy is selling it for $249.95 w/upgrade, not the $269.95 that they have in there ad. Will keep a eye on the $199.99 price. I need that $50.00 to buy accessories.
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyne View Post
    Best Buy is selling it for $249.95 w/upgrade, not the $269.95 that they have in there ad. Will keep a eye on the $199.99 price. I need that $50.00 to buy accessories.
    Got the $249.95 + $18 upgrade + $16 tax = ~ $284 via a phone call.

SparcEE
    Hmmm...I went by a Sprint store today. I was able to see the phone, but they would not seel it until tomorrow. They told me the price would be $249 for the upgrade with a 2 year contract. I then went to a BB and they too would not sell it until tomorrow. There I was told that the price would be $229. So I have not been able to find that $199 price. I'll probably try a different Sprint and BB tomorrow.

At least I was able to get a Centro for my wife for $52.74 with a 2 year contract at BB and Sprint will take back her old 755p for $50. So that was a nice deal.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Just picked my my Treo Pro from BB for $249...went to the Sprint corp. store before BB and they confirmed without a higher end data package the best they could do was $299 out of contract and full upgrade $$$'s. They wouldn't match BB $249...so I went to BB. This also confirmed that telesales lied to me about the $100 rebate which I was pretty sure about. Sales person @ Sprint corp. store says he hears all about telesales rebates not being accepted because telesales didn't explain the fine print to the customer.

But even before starting my phone hunt this morning I renewed my expired contract with Sprint customer service over the phone for 2 years with 2 phones @ $50/phone = $100 total credit on my account and then went shopping for a phone.

Net cost today for the Treo Pro was $164 out the door.

Also the BB folks initially wouldn't sell me the phone, but I informed them of my visit to the Sprint corp. store 10 minutes before in the next plaza that would graciously sell me a Treo Pro.

SparcEE
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I went to Sprint store today and this guy ask for my number and it said it will $199 after a $100 rebate. He said I can get it tomorrow. He took down my name and number.

Why are some quoted at $249? Need to have a higher end data to get lower price?

I think if you cant get it for $199, then go to another store.
    Last edited by chong67; 03/14/2009 at 06:17 PM.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    I went to Sprint store today and this guy ask for my number and it said it will $199 after a $100 rebate. He said I can get it tomorrow. He took down my name and number.

Why are some quoted at $249?
    Wow Chong67, you know that you are still in the middle of your contract from your 800w. I don't know why or how you got the $199 deal, but if you want a Treo Pro you better jump on that deal. They are going to give you the $100 rebate there on site right?
    Quote Originally Posted by SparcEE View Post
    Got the $249.95 + $18 upgrade + $16 tax = ~ $284 via a phone call.

SparcEE
    You mean the $18 activation fee, mine was waved to my bill so it was cheaper out the door.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123