Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    What I don't get with that argument is if it's now detecting it then where is it? Memory reports appear to be about the same between the prerelease and the official.
    Yea the difference is rather lame and it's not going over well in reviews. (Although that article does give Berdinkerdickle some props .)

Perhaps the memory change although not very noticeable will help behind the scenes with the device's stability?
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I haven't noticed any issues yet with memory. Seems to be very quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by jac6695 View Post
    I got mine from my local Best Buy yesterday. Turned in my Touch pro I had for the last 45 days or so (went to get the Treo on Jan 27, thought they could sell it to me, then realized at the last minute they couldn't so I took a Touch Pro for "trial" instead). I really like it so far, but I am disappointed about a few things.

The Treo Pro feels a little cheap to me, I don't like how difficult it is to pull out the stylus (of course the Touch is so different in a good way), and the screen resolution doesn't compare at all to the Touch Pro. Overall though, I do enjoy the form factor, and plan to keep it at this point.

I agree, it does feel a little cheap especially after removing the back cover. BUT...to make me feel better, I am going to assume that they made the Pro cheap to save weight! LOL

On a positive note...The sound quaity is amazing compared to the 800W (barf!) So I will accept the cheap feel for better sound quality and a 3.5 headphone jack. The new OS is nice too a little different than the 800W.

The Contacts program is different too! Takes a minute to get used to.

All in all....worth the swith. Now what will really **** me off is that someone told me that the Pre will be released in April! I have always heard JUNE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Sunday if it is indeed $199 at the Sprint stores, BB will refund you the difference as they have a 30 day price match guarantee.
    Really?????????? Cool!
    I just wish the Moto Q would come with a touch screen, but I think Moto Q with probably outlast any device as being a true non-touch screen device, AKA true smartphone (or as close as you are going to get). Palm has exactly what I need, as far as QWERTY and touch screen that I use without a stylus, I just wish Moto Q would follow suit.
    How is the contacts app different?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx View Post
    I agree, it does feel a little cheap especially after removing the back cover.
    Where are you Guys/Girls finding the phone? Its not in NYC, at least not at BestBuy mobile and the representative indicated he didn't think they were getting it for a month. So, I may go thru the Sprint website and get it for $174. They offered me $25 off in addition to the 2 yr agreement & discounted phone ($199). Has anybody gotten it any lower than this?
    Quote Originally Posted by INTERNATIONAL View Post
    Where are you Guys/Girls finding the phone? Its not in NYC, at least not at BestBuy mobile and the representative indicated he didn't think they were getting it for a month. So, I may go thru the Sprint website and get it for $174. They offered me $25 off in addition to the 2 yr agreement & discounted phone ($199). Has anybody gotten it any lower than this?
    Line discounts contract range from $70 to $25. So you can get it from $130 to $175 with renewed singed contract. This depends on your payment history and several other factors. Telesales can also waive shipping and of course if you can get activation fee waived in most cases as well.

The BB rep was lying or lazy. they know and are trained I am sure that 99% of people who leave without a phone won't return to them for a sale, so they will often denigrate or overstate time to delivery of any handset (or any item) they do not have right there.
    @INTERNATIONAL

I can confirm that the Best Buy in Raleigh, NC has it for $250 on a contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Line discounts contract range from $70 to $25. So you can get it from $130 to $175 with renewed singed contract. This depends on your payment history and several other factors. Telesales can also waive shipping and of course if you can get activation fee waived in most cases as well.

The BB rep was lying or lazy. they know and are trained I am sure that 99% of people who leave without a phone won't return to them for a sale, so they will often denigrate or overstate time to delivery of any handset (or any item) they do not have right there.
    Thanks AERO. My payment history is decent and I have never been charged for an activation fee. I haven't purchased a phone from Sprint in 2yrs but they waived the shipping too from what I recall. I actually bought a Curve for $49 at BB and am within my 30 day window. I would like a better discount but I was only offered $25 for a resign on one line by Sprint (with 2yr Pro @$199). That was an echat online offer. I'm not sure if that offer holds good today.
    Quote Originally Posted by motoq4life View Post
    @INTERNATIONAL

I can confirm that the Best Buy in Raleigh, NC has it for $250 on a contract.
    Is that a Sprint Pro motoq4life or Attell/Unlocked? If so thats good, but i need a Sprint phone. I'm clueless why NYC is not leading with other BB's around the country assuming they are selling Sprint's version.
    I would like a better discount but I was only offered $25 for a resign on one line by Sprint (with 2yr Pro @$199). That was an echat online offer. I'm not sure if that offer holds good today.
    Tha tmaybe a very new policy, they change constantly, or perhaps you are already getting such a good deal that you are in a $25 category. Lot of companies like Sprint use algorithms to assing value codes to customers, in sprint 's case there are praobly a dozen variables: payment timelessness history, length of time with sprint, gross amount of contract, number of high profit add ons, the risk you have of churning, perhaps even the saturation and competition in your local market, freebie on the account etc. They recently went public with a simplified metric for "premier customers" but you can be there is a more complex metric on every account.

Another $25 may not be worth your time.

I would be more careful about getting the rebate. sprint has a good rebate history and although by fine print they could have denied treo 800w and other buyers on certain accounts rebates, they didn't deny them as far as I can tell . But if you don't qualify by the fine print I would ask that they make a note on your account to say you do, then you can get credit if they do decide to start applying the fine print
    @ Aero,

Sounds like a plan. I will consider my options. I really want to test out the aGPS. Do you have or know anybody who has tested the GPS? My wife travels often and she wants a phone that can get a signal where Sprint's network may be poor.
    Thanks AERO. My payment history is decent and I have never been charged for an activation fee. I haven't purchased a phone from Sprint in 2yrs but they waived the shipping too from what I recall. I actually bought a Curve for $49 at BB and am within my 30 day window. I would like a better discount but I was only offered $25 for a resign on one line by Sprint (with 2yr Pro @$199). That was an echat online offer. I'm not sure if that offer holds good today.
    May I ask what was the actual question you asked with the echat? I'm never sure if I'm talking to a real person or not, but when I went to Sprint.com and asked to buy a Treo Pro, the answer I got was "Sorry, but we currently do not have a release date for this phone."

Strange... I keep calling my local Sprint store who also says they have no idea when they will get them.

This is in RI. I'm so antsy to get it, I can't wait!
    Quote Originally Posted by kendertaunt View Post
    May I ask what was the actual question you asked with the echat? I'm never sure if I'm talking to a real person or not, but when I went to Sprint.com and asked to buy a Treo Pro, the answer I got was "Sorry, but we currently do not have a release date for this phone."

Strange... I keep calling my local Sprint store who also says they have no idea when they will get them.

Basically, I am porting over a number and they offered me a credit on top of the general discount for a 2yr agreement. The Treo Pro is offically on sale this Sunday 3/15 so its not like we went into a conversation on the Pro. I suggest contacting sales or Palm.
    Palm website 800-881-7256

Treo Pro Smartphone - Features, Details, Reviews : Palm USA
    Quote Originally Posted by kendertaunt View Post

Same here. The lady at the sprint store said she heard late spring early summer. I told her the Pro not the Pre. It's funny how these people have no ideal what phones are coming out.
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyne View Post
    Same here. The lady at the sprint store said she heard late spring early summer. I told her the Pro not the Pre. It's funny how these people have no ideal what phones are coming out.
    she is being lazy and or maybe one of the few stores with no stock yet. they wil tell you a phone coming tomorrow is not coming for three months because they think they will lose the sale if you don't walk out with a phone they have in stock right then. The sku, pricing and date 3/15 is in the system.
    What is the SKU number for the Treo Pro (at Best Buy)?

UPDATE: Answered own question: 9175689
    Last edited by mikec; 03/10/2009 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Updated: added SKU
    Is that a Sprint Pro motoq4life or Attell/Unlocked? If so thats good, but i need a Sprint phone. I'm clueless why NYC is not leading with other BB's around the country assuming they are selling Sprint's version.
    Its the Sprint version, however, they do have the unlocked version as well. I looked at both to make sure they were different.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Newbie here. I keep seeing everyone post Sprint's $199 price, but no one is mentioning that this is AFTER the mail-in-rebate. Is there a way to get that price at the store without having to mess with the pesky rebate?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast