1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 750 which I downloaded the WM6 upgrade for a while ago and never got around to installing it. I attempted to install it today and partially through it, it failed. Now the device is showing a 4 color screen with Palm Tr IPL-0.20 Palm Tr SP-0.24.0000. If I connect the cable to the PC it switches from Serial to USB but activesync does not recognize it as being connected. Is there a way to recover?
  2.    #2  
    Turns out what I was seeing on the device was the bootloader interface. What I did to fix it was.

1.) I extracted the files from the ROM update I previously acquired using Winrar
    2.) Formated a MiniSD card to FAT32
    3.) Copied the CHEEIMG_FW.nbh file to the MiniSD card
    4.) Renamed it to CHEEIMG.nbh
    5.) Pulled the battery from the Treo and inserted the MiniSD card
    6.) Put the battery back in and the Treo asked if I wanted to flash the ROM
    7.) Pressed the power button to confirm
    8.) A progress bar displayed and a Completed Successfully message popped up when it was done.
    9.) Performed a Hard Reset

Now what I thought was a bricked WM5 Treo is successfully running WM6.

Most of the information to resolve the problem came from the XDA developers forum but I'm posting it here in-case someone runs into a similar situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by burrisba View Post
    Turns out what I was seeing on the device was the bootloader interface. What I did to fix it was.

1.) I extracted the files from the ROM update I previously acquired using Winrar
    2.) Formated a MiniSD card to FAT32
    3.) Copied the CHEEIMG_FW.nbh file to the MiniSD card
    4.) Renamed it to CHEEIMG.nbh
    5.) Pulled the battery from the Treo and inserted the MiniSD card
    6.) Put the battery back in and the Treo asked if I wanted to flash the ROM
    7.) Pressed the power button to confirm
    8.) A progress bar displayed and a Completed Successfully message popped up when it was done.
    9.) Performed a Hard Reset

Now what I thought was a bricked WM5 Treo is successfully running WM6.

Most of the information to resolve the problem came from the XDA developers forum but I'm posting it here in-case someone runs into a similar situation.
    Burr:
    I lost mine when I had to do a hard reset Can't find the file now. Any chance you could email me that upgrade file? Sure would appreciate getting back to "3G" again!!
    Thanks
    Dyna
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Hey guys,
    I tried to update my Treo to the unofficial WM 6.5 build and didn't like it and downgraded. And after trying to reupgrade back to WM6Pro, the poor thing got stuck in bootloader! I have tried all of the things possible. I tried MTTY vers 0.01 1.10 1.42. But that might be because I have Vista basic. If anyone can help me with this so that I can get my toy back I'd greatly appreciate it!!!!!
    Cheers,
    -Austin