1.    #1  
    Since the change to daylight savings time, I have been getting the wrong times on the text messages I receive. As an example, I send a text message to my spouse at 9am. she texts right back and it says the text is from 10am. We are both in the same city. This just started happening yesterday. Any suggestions how to fix this? Thanks in advance.
  2.    #2  
    I hard reset my 800w and same results. Some odd behavior I have noticed is after a soft reset or sync with my PC, my time zone changes wont stick. Anybody else have this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Acapella75 View Post
    I hard reset my 800w and same results.
    Whoa!!!

Maybe it's an issue in Sprint's network? Have you tried calling Sprint to see if they might have any ideas?
  4.    #4  
    I havent called sprint yet. I figured it was a common bug or something. I will call them and post back what they say or do.
  5.    #5  
    Well good old sprint customer service informed me as long as I am sending/receiving texts, they cant do anything. So I need to figure this out myself it seems.
    Do you and your spouse have accounts from the same city? Are the area codes from your numbers the same? If not, it could be the tower each phone is getting the text from is in a different time zone. I am not too sure if that would even affect it but these are just some thoughts.
  7.    #7  
    Yes we are both in the Phoenix, AZ area and both have 480 area codes. its not just her txts that are an hour ahead. Everyone that texts me has a timestamp 1 hour ahead.

My initial thoughts are that AZ is in MST but it does not change ever. Certain parts of the MST zone do change and maybe sprint's network has this error. Not sure. Keep the ideas coming.
    (emphasis added)
    Yes we are both in the Phoenix, AZ area and both have 480 area codes. its not just her txts that are an hour ahead. Everyone that texts me has a timestamp 1 hour ahead.

My initial thoughts are that AZ is in MST but it does not change ever. Certain parts of the MST zone do change and maybe sprint's network has this error. Not sure. Keep the ideas coming.
    Ah Acapella75, you're in Phoenix, AZ. I've seen people (in AZ) in other forums using other Sprint devices that have said they've been having various problems since the time change too. They call for support and get a run around. I think it's a Sprint issue, that Sprint has not figured out yet themselves.
  9.    #9  
    Yeah, I may just have to wait it out. Its not life and death but my OCD is getting the better of me. Anyone know where in the Registry the settings are for the timestamp data?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I'm also in phoenix (well queen creek, but you get the point) and have this issue.
    I first noticed it because all my calendar appointments shifted an hour aheaed. So I looked at my phone, time was accurate, but timezone was set for Mountain (apts were made in az). I changed it back to AZ and it resolved the appointment time issue, until I sync'd, which it then reset to Mountain.

If your timezone keeps resetting:
    1) In your clock and alarms settings go to the More tab. and uncheck Use network time zone. (you can keep enable local network time checked)
    2) Go back to the Time tab. reset your time zone to AZ (which will probably change your time an hour backward, just change it to match, (or if you still have local network time enabled) it will change on it's own when you save your settings.
    That will keep your phone from reverting to mountain time.

Now for the life of me I can not figure out the SMS time issue. It shows my sent messages as the right time but any recieved message is an hour off. (but if you open the message in it's own window it will show the time sent as an hour ahead of the time received. The palm threaded SMS displays when the text was sent not received. Which makes me believe it is an issue on Sprints server since if you allow the phone to pull network time zone it pulls mountain instead of AZ as it should.
  11.    #11  
    I decided to go to a sprint store near me and inquire about this issue. Apparently, this was happening with all windiws mobile smart phones for people in the MST zone that don't change. It was a network issue. The tech said they were working on a resolution and a fix would take place in a few day. Low and behold, this morning the issue fixed itself.

Thanks to all the folks who chimed in and threw out ideas. As an added bonus, I complained about the 800w battery life and he mailed me a free one.
    As an added bonus, I complained about the 800w battery life and he mailed me a free one.
    Good you got something for your trouble .