21 Global Posts
    thanks again
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    thanks.
    worked great!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I got a Treo Pro today (came from a Touch Pro) and found this glistening little gem of a cab just a bit ago. I became a member here just to THANK YOU! Of course I'll probably stick around and cause trouble anyway....
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsDon View Post
    I got a Treo Pro today (came from a Touch Pro) and found this glistening little gem of a cab just a bit ago. I became a member here just to THANK YOU! Of course I'll probably stick around and cause trouble anyway....
    Welcome to the party!
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    This CAB was working for me but no longer is... even though HKLM/Comm/InternetSharing/Extension is set to "", whenver I change the registry settings from "Phone as Modem" to "Sprint PCS" they automatically revert immediately.
    I tried to do a hard reset and reinstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled per instructions with the same behavior. Anyone else?
  8. eci
    Last edited by eci; 06/30/2009 at 09:02 AM.
    I have it installed and the laptop sees the connections but it wont go anywhere on the internet....Now after I tried to connect with it ActiveSync does not see it anymore....

Is there an un-install??
    I just got my 800W working with the registry hack of removing the icshelper.dll entry... seems to be working fine so far with ICS / USB.
    Hi All,

I posted this question elsewhere and read through multiple threads and would like to know the answer to the following...I apologize if you read this already:

For those of you that tether...

1) is it on sprint?
    2) are you using the icsenable.cab and the Internet connection Sharing program?
    3) if so, have you gotten bills to confirm you are NOT being charged?
    4) were you successful in changing the registry item LastCellConnection from "Phone as Modem" to "Sprint PCS"? (I was not- it always reverts back to "Phone as Modem"...do you think this matters?

I miss not being able to use "USBMODEM"...I just want to know how well this method works...I just got this phone and didn't know DUN would be an issue.

Much appreciated...THANKS!

Plex...
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    installed it, I just get a never-ending "waiting for network" message.
    I tried to use the phone as a modem by using internet sharing and was immediately successful. The device manager on my PC showed my phone as "Windows Mobile based Internet Sharing device".

I didn't install the cab file Zbop provide.

Now my question is, can Sprint tell exactly which bit of data was used when the phone was a modem? If I only use it to surf the net and kill some time when I wait at the airport without downloading large amount of data, can Sprint tell the phone was used as a modem?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopsbwc34 View Post
    I tried to do a hard reset and reinstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled per instructions with the same behavior. Anyone else?
    Just to follow up... the problem was on my computer. I had to delete the Windows Mobile Device drivers and reconnect my phone. Then everything worked fine again. Note that I had to display hidden devices in "Device Manager" before I could fully delete the old WM installs.
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    The following CAB file enables Internet Connection Sharing on your Sprint Treo Pro. The usual disclaimers apply...
    (I take no responsibility for how you use this hack or any charges that might occur on your phone, yadda yadda yadda )

To install:
    1) Install ICSenable.CAB
    2) Soft-reset
    3) Re-install ICSenable.CAB a second time

Then go to Start -> Programs -> Internet Sharing and enjoy.

I've tested both USB and Bluetooth and it seems to work.
    Thanks so much, Internet sharing works for me now!!
    zbop,

ICSenable.CAB and your instructions worked screamingly perfectly! Thank you so very much. Whew. Connected!!
    susan dennis
    seattle, WA
    http://susandennis.com
    I'm considering getting a Sprint Treo Pro, and having the internet sharing functionality is important. Can anybody confirm if they successfully disabled these hacks on newer Treo Pros? I see that the most recent post were successful.
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Well, they are definitely trying harder to lock it out (that's the reason you have to install it twice).
    Zbop and others who have used the reg hack to avoid PAM fees.

Have you still been able to continue using the internet sharing without any charges or hassles from Sprint?
    I use Morose Media WMWifiRouter. google it.
    use google hacks to download
    Quote Originally Posted by thomsonsoccer12 View Post
    I use Morose Media WMWifiRouter. google it.
    use google hacks to download
    I found it on google. what is the procedure to dl it on google hacks?
    Did you buy the program and I'm assuming you don't pay for phone as a modem on your cell plan?thanks
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast