Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Anybody figure this out for STP?

I have Extension - isext.dll. I tried deleting it, but it still will not connect.

I guess Sprint has caught on and fix this registry hack? Hopefully someone else will find a different registry hack to get this working.
    Quote Originally Posted by hjt View Post
    Steps to setup for internet sharing:

(do not have Treo connected to your PC yet)

1. Install Active Sync on your PC
    2. On Treo start Internet Sharing, settings:
    PC Connection - USB
    Network Connection - T-Mobile GPRS (maybe different on yours)
    3. On Treo click Connect
    4. Connect the Treo to your PC, your PC should now have internet acess

thanks hjt, good that my treo pro is GSM but i think for sprint u need to use sprints connection manager software
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    I see that OrionNE was unable to get USBModem to work. Could someone else try it as well to confirm it does not work please? OrionNE couldn't get WMWifiRouter working either, but a couple people have gotten that to work. Thanks for the help folks.
    I'm trying to get USB Modem to work on my Sprint Treo Pro but it's not working - gives me a "no carrier detected" error message. No PAM (obviously that's why I'm trying USB Modem) on a SERO plan.

Anyone have any other experiences?
    Quote Originally Posted by jpruett79 View Post
    I have the second entry but the value is "Phone As Modem"

When i get home tonight ill try changing it to Sprint PCS and see what happens.
    It changes back to phone as modem
    Has anyone gotten this to work on the STP without PDANet? Either reverse DUN or WifiRouter?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I don't know if anyone here would be interested in this but I think it is super cool. @ Best Buy there is a program you can have installed for $60 (one time charge) in the Best Buy Mobile department that makes your Treo Pro virtually a wireless hotspot..

You can name it and connect just like it is a router.. I am buying it - my friend has it & it works great!!
    why dont the WM hacks from 800w or Touch Pro work? They are both wm6.1 so shouldnt they be the same?
    Although I haven't tried yet, I get the feeling these things have been locked down on purpose by Sprint b/c they want to keep bandwidth usage down.

I have PDANet, but would rather use the built in ICS (even tho it is Microshaft and buggy as all get out).
    Quote Originally Posted by mlbizzle View Post
    I don't know if anyone here would be interested in this but I think it is super cool. @ Best Buy there is a program you can have installed for $60 (one time charge) in the Best Buy Mobile department that makes your Treo Pro virtually a wireless hotspot..

You can name it and connect just like it is a router.. I am buying it - my friend has it & it works great!!
    That is basically WiFirouter. I would look into that program before giving best buy 60 bucks. wifirouter is only 30. I have used the trial and it works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by we350z View Post
    Although I haven't tried yet, I get the feeling these things have been locked down on purpose by Sprint b/c they want to keep bandwidth usage down.

I have PDANet, but would rather use the built in ICS (even tho it is Microshaft and buggy as all get out).
    How do we unlock it?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mlbizzle View Post

Report whomever offered you that program to their manager. It is available for $30 from wmwifirouter.com. Neither the program or its installation is offered as service from Best Buy/Geek Squad since it violates most US carriers terms of service.

Additionally the employee is probably installing a pirated version of the software which offer no support and is illegal.
    The following CAB file enables Internet Connection Sharing on your Sprint Treo Pro. The usual disclaimers apply...
    (I take no responsibility for how you use this hack or any charges that might occur on your phone, yadda yadda yadda )

To install:
    1) Install ICSenable.CAB
    2) Soft-reset
    3) Re-install ICSenable.CAB a second time

Then go to Start -> Programs -> Internet Sharing and enjoy.

I've tested both USB and Bluetooth and it seems to work.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    OrionNE

So you have the new aluminum macbook pro and the bluetooth internet sharing doesnt work (very slow)?

I have a macbook air and i have the exact same problem.

I called applecare to tell them of the problem but they just say "we dont support bluetooth phome as modem" or check with phone manufacturer as they think its a problem with the phone, not the bluetooth on the mac.

Quote Originally Posted by OrionNE View Post
    Yes, It all works. In fact it probably worked before. It turns out the the new 2008 Macbook Unibody have problem with Bluetooth PAN. It is super super slow. I am kind of mad because it worked with my Centro. Well the Centro didn't support doing a PAN it did network stream. This was somthing I relied on quite a bit. Plus I am Paying for tethering with my account. I guess I am going to remove that part of my plan until Apple fixes the issue. I hope it is fixed with snow leopard.

Bad thing is it appears the TreoPro doesn't support Network Stream.

If you have any problems make sure you do the reghacks mentioned above.

OrionNE
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    The following CAB file enables Internet Connection Sharing on your Sprint Treo Pro.
    Works great. Thanks zbop!
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    The problem with the New 2008 unibody Macbook, Macbook Pro and Macbook Air is the broadcom chip being used with Leopard. The driver in Leopard for Bluetooth doesn't seem to work well as a PAN. I installed BootCamp on a seperate partition and the Bluetooth PAN worked fine in WinXP. This makes me believe it is a software driver issue.

What I have done for a internet solution is use WMWifiRouter. It works pretty good. However using the WMwifi router is a battery drainer, but it is better than nothing.

OrionNE

Quote Originally Posted by evperry View Post
    OrionNE

So you have the new aluminum macbook pro and the bluetooth internet sharing doesnt work (very slow)?

I have a macbook air and i have the exact same problem.

I called applecare to tell them of the problem but they just say "we dont support bluetooth phome as modem" or check with phone manufacturer as they think its a problem with the phone, not the bluetooth on the mac.
    Once again zbop saves the day!

And to think, I was just telling a friend this morning that Sprint had actually managed to lock out ICS for the STP. Shoulda checked TC yesterday and I wouldn't be going to him today to apologize. hmph!

Thanks a million zbop. Seriously, you are a saviour for my Treo.

(btw, I haven't even tried this yet and I'm already thanking you for it. Shows my faith, eh?)
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I just ordered a treo pro and im gonna sell my old 800w, all because of this one issue. Its soooooo annoying.

Im gonna do the wifi thing and see how awful the battery thing is.

What do you think about upgrading to the seidio battery and using the wifi?

Quote Originally Posted by OrionNE View Post
    The problem with the New 2008 unibody Macbook, Macbook Pro and Macbook Air is the broadcom chip being used with Leopard. The driver in Leopard for Bluetooth doesn't seem to work well as a PAN. I installed BootCamp on a seperate partition and the Bluetooth PAN worked fine in WinXP. This makes me believe it is a software driver issue.

What I have done for a internet solution is use WMWifiRouter. It works pretty good. However using the WMwifi router is a battery drainer, but it is better than nothing.

OrionNE
    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    And to think, I was just telling a friend this morning that Sprint had actually managed to lock out ICS for the STP. Shoulda checked TC yesterday and I wouldn't be going to him today to apologize. hmph!
    Well, they are definitely trying harder to lock it out (that's the reason you have to install it twice).
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    The following CAB file enables Internet Connection Sharing on your Sprint Treo Pro. The usual disclaimers apply...
    (I take no responsibility for how you use this hack or any charges that might occur on your phone, yadda yadda yadda )

To install:
    1) Install ICSenable.CAB
    2) Soft-reset
    3) Re-install ICSenable.CAB a second time

Then go to Start -> Programs -> Internet Sharing and enjoy.

I've tested both USB and Bluetooth and it seems to work.
    Any chance this works on the Alltel version?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    zbop please make cab delete forcecellcoonection entry so that u dont need to reconnect every time
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast