Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alphad View Post
    Are there any registry hacks for the STP to enable internet sharing without a phone as a modem plan? The Treo 800w had the following hack:

HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing
    Delete this string: Extension - IcsHelper.dll

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\InternetSharing\LastCellConnection
    If it displays "Power Vision" change it to "Sprint PCS"

However these entries are not in the STP.
    I deleted the HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing
    Delete this string: Extension, but I don't remember what it said, and changed the second one and all is well.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    After doing the reg hacks the error 67 message is gone. I now have a new problem. And from what I read it only will effect MacOSX owners.

The PAM is super super slow. we are talking 14.4kpbs seems faster. I guess it has something todo with the way OS handles bluetooth. I am so disappointed. Bluetooth tethering was one of the major reasons I wanted this phone.
    OrionNE, any luck improving the slowness? now that you've applied the registry edits, does USBModem work as well?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Yes, It all works. In fact it probably worked before. It turns out the the new 2008 Macbook Unibody have problem with Bluetooth PAN. It is super super slow. I am kind of mad because it worked with my Centro. Well the Centro didn't support doing a PAN it did network stream. This was somthing I relied on quite a bit. Plus I am Paying for tethering with my account. I guess I am going to remove that part of my plan until Apple fixes the issue. I hope it is fixed with snow leopard.

Bad thing is it appears the TreoPro doesn't support Network Stream.

If you have any problems make sure you do the reghacks mentioned above.

OrionNE
    Thanks OrionNE! Much appreciated.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    How does it work thru a USB cable instead of bluetooth? I'm confused...do the reg hacks allow you to tether without paying for software, or do they just allow you to use the paid software like USB Modem?
    Man for those of ya saying it's slow via bluetooth PAN, you should try the treo700wx and bluetooth tether.

It's a lot faster than my 700wx I'm happy
    I've been very pleased with Internet Sharing speeds.
    Both Usb and Bt
    hello hjt'
    could u provide me steps on how to use treo pro as a modem

thanks..
  10. hjt
    Steps to setup for internet sharing:

(do not have Treo connected to your PC yet)

1. Install Active Sync on your PC
    2. On Treo start Internet Sharing, settings:
    PC Connection - USB
    Network Connection - T-Mobile GPRS (maybe different on yours)
    3. On Treo click Connect
    4. Connect the Treo to your PC, your PC should now have internet acess

I think this only works out of the box on the GSM version not Sprint. For Sprint you need a "work around".
    Quote Originally Posted by brothermike View Post
    I think this only works out of the box on the GSM version not Sprint. For Sprint you need a "work around".
    I heard pda net works fine.... www.junefabrics.com/
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I just downloaded the trial and had it up and running on my Treo Pro within minutes. Don't know my bandwidth - but the speed was very impressive. Question though -is there a way for Sprint to measure/verify that the phones is being used a modem while not haveing a PAM subscription?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    They could find out.

Just dont do heavy download. I use it as secondary.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Us Gsm Treo Pro (GTP) guys don't have to be downloading or buying software to use are Treo Pro as a modem (aka: tethering).

Internet Sharing is an included app:

Is Internet Sharing not working for you STP guys?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by veronicamays View Post
    I deleted the HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing
    Delete this string: Extension, but I don't remember what it said, and changed the second one and all is well.
    So you are now able to use the included app InternetSharing on the STP?
    I just hate to see these guys buying software, when InternetSharing is already included.
    Just call me Berd.
  17. jmt
    I posted this in the 800w forum and thought it might also be a problem that would effect the "Pro" If it does perhaps someone may have a work around. Or if the Pro works with "Internet Sharing" I might switch to the Pro.

"I got my 800w two weeks ago. I found the directions for "internet sharing" by changing the value of "Extension" to "Extension2" and all worked great. Today I had to return my 800w because of a charging problem. They decided to give me a new one. After getting home I installed PMH Reg. Editor and tried to make the change. I could not because when you tap on the "internet sharing" folder it no longer shows "Extension" because you can"t find it you can't rename to "Extension2". I assume they may have changed the firm ware. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated"
    Quote Originally Posted by alphad View Post
    Are there any registry hacks for the STP to enable internet sharing without a phone as a modem plan? The Treo 800w had the following hack:

HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing
    Delete this string: Extension - IcsHelper.dll

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\InternetSharing\LastCellConnection
    If it displays "Power Vision" change it to "Sprint PCS"

However these entries are not in the STP.
    I have the second entry but the value is "Phone As Modem"

When i get home tonight ill try changing it to Sprint PCS and see what happens.
    So my curiosity got the best of me. every time i changed the value of the second string it would be immediately changed back. something somewhere else in the reg. must be writing to that key.
    Yea, the error message for me tells me that my Sprint PCS Vision username/password is incorrect. I try to go into the network settings to fill it in, but it is always blank. Even when I trype it all in and hit OK, it will be blank the next time I go it. It was always filled in with my 800W.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast