1.    #1  
    So I have never owned/used a windows mobile device before and tomorrow I need to be up at 5 am. I use my 800w as my alarm (actually do not have any other alarm).

Will I need "approve the time change" or will it automatically change the time and wake me up when I need it to.

thanks
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    So long as your phone is on so it can get the time from the network, it will be fine. If the phone is off, I'm not sure if DST gets updated...
    Back during the last time change when I had an 800w, I don't recall having to do anything. I think it got the new time from the network automatically. I'm not sure if it changed its time right away or a little later that day, but by the time I got up in the AM it had the correct time.

Osidak, just for your own personal comfort, you could always call Sprint to confirm.
    LOL...well mine updated without any issues on its own. Hope nobody had any problems.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre
  5.    #5  
    didn't feel like calling sprint as that is more of a head ache than it is ever worth.

so I set my alarm at 1:59 to make sure it changed and then went back to sleep.

oddly enough the 800w changed over with no issue and my work issued Motorola Q9c required me to "ok" the time change
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osidak View Post

oddly enough the 800w changed over with no issue and my work issued Motorola Q9c required me to "ok" the time change
    That's just dumb design... what if you didn't say "OK?" would you get an extra hour of sleep? Sheesh...