Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    With data transfer, how fast is "fast"? What are times transferring a file from a MicroSDHC class 6 card in the 800w to PC using a USB 2.0 slot? Compared with using a card reader in the same PC in a USB 1.0 and 2.0 slot?

I'm hoping someone can offer data similar to what I provided when testing the Sprint Touch Pro in Disk Drive mode.
    Thanks for all the hard work, got my usb adapter today. You are awesome. Works great. The roll up keyboard sounds very interesting.
    Last edited by robbswat; 04/16/2009 at 08:58 PM.
    Has anyone tried using a gaming controller and played Morphgear or other games? I'm thinking about picking up one of these host adapters and trying my PS3 controller or maybe I'll buy a cheap controller otherwise.
    I could play my snes games with a controller like this. NEW SUPER NINTENDO SNES USB PC CONTROLLER RETRO MOTION! - eBay (item 400046041813 end time Apr-27-09 05:53:41 PDT)

It says its plug and play on multiple platforms with no drivers needed.
    that would be awesome!
    I ordered the host cable. When I get it I will give it a try with the PS3 and if that doesn't work I might pick a generic controller up at Bestbuy(so I can return it easily if I want) and see if that works. I'll post a vid on youtube and link it if I get it to work.
    Oh snap...gonna have to try this later tonight. In theory, we should be able to now use a USB keyboard, mouse (!), CD/DVD (!) and cameras (like hopefully my D90 which doesn't have USB host abilities)

Zeno USB Host Drivers freeware for Windows Mobile Pocket PC.

Based on RATOC Systems drivers. The package contains: - USB Mouse driver. - USB Keyboard US-101 HID driver. - USB-based external CD-DVD unit. - USB-based HDD unit, Memory Flash, USB-based card-reader MassStorage Driver. - USB-to-Serial Port driver (start Terminal...
    The package contains:

- USB Mouse driver.
    - USB Keyboard US-101 HID driver.
    - USB-based external CD-DVD unit.
    - USB-based HDD unit, Memory Flash, USB-based card-reader MassStorage Driver.
    - USB-to-Serial Port driver (start Terminal in Start-Programs for configuration).
    - RS232 USB Serial Driver (start RS232 USB Serial Driver in Start-Programs for configuration).
    - PTPView for HOST & PTP Digital Cameras driver (non-USB Mass Storage such as Sony, Canon etc.).

Features:

- Download photos and movies from PTP digital camera to your PDA.
    - Photo preview.
    - Multiple files download.
    - Delete files from digital camera.

All features tested on Fujitsu Siemens Pocket Loox 560N running WM6.1 with Transcend 16 GB SDHC Class 6.
    Used with OEM USB keyboard, OEM external HDD, Kingston 8 GB memory-flash, OEM card-reader and various SD, SDHC cards, Microsoft various USB Mouses, Jura F9 automatic-coffee-machine serial port controller, OEM serial GPS unit, Canon Powershot G3, Canon PowerShot S3 IS.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Oh snap...gonna have to try this later tonight. In theory, we should be able to now use a USB keyboard, mouse (!), CD/DVD (!) and cameras (like hopefully my D90 which doesn't have USB host abilities)

Let us know what you find out. It seems pretty interesting. With all of the things I am able to do on my 800w, it might make it a little bit harder to jump to the pre (just kidding, I don't think it will be too difficult).
    I installed the pack and will be trying my external hard drive at home that didn't work before.

Ill try to mouse too
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

Oh, nice!

I am going to have to try this out with a USB to serial adapter so I can attach my OBDII scanner
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Those drivers did not work for me for making a mouse work. YMMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnguy View Post
    Those drivers did not work for me for making a mouse work. YMMV.
    thanks for the update...

have been too busy to try this myself but will see either late tonight or early tomorrow--fyi, I think the driver was confirmed/tested with a MS mouse, not sure if that is what you used.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I've not been able to make that driver work on any phone I've tried (his original post was about one or two devices where it worked). I have had success with other drivers on other phones, but not on the Treo for some reason. I don't care very much so I never kept at it.
    Those driver didn't work for me either.

I got my USB to 3.5 adaptor yesterday but im not getting any audio out.
    This functionality is so awesome! I'm an IT consultant that visits client sites on occasion, and now with this cable I really don't ever need to bring a laptop with me. All I need is the 800w, this host cable, and a flash drive.

And I love being able to connect a USB keyboard and type on the 800w too...

Such a great find!
    What is the name of the usb host cable that I should buy? Is there a post here that will explain how to get a usb keyboard working?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123