1.    #1  
    I left my charger at home and am on a ski trip for a few days.

Anyone know of any retail stores that carry a usb cable or charger that will work with the 800w?

I have my laptop.

Stores I know are in the area:
    Target
    Walmart
    Officemax
    Radio shack Franchise (so might not have the regular RS stuff)
  2.    #2  
    Found a verizon dealer in the phone book also. Ensignal. Not sure if any verizon phones are compatible though.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    You might want to confirm this with a search, but I think I recall people saying they got Motorola-compatible MicroUSB chargers from Wal-Mart for maybe $10-$15 that worked with the 800w.
  4.    #4  
    Yeah looks like the Razr 2 uses the same charger. I'll have to start driving around tomorrow. Hopefully this Walmart has it. It's a pretty small store.

Thanks.

Anyone know if Target has anything?
    If you're at a hotel check the lost and found. Someone else's misfortune may be good luck for you.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Get the razr 2 charger from Walmart. Works great.
    Ditto on the hotel deal...

I ended up w/ about 4-5 extra! Got a couple of LG (.7 A) and some moto's (.55 A)...

Both seem to work fine.
  8.    #8  
    Not at a hotel. Thanks for all that responded.

I got a charger at Officemax. Weird that their web-site didn't list it. It was $19.95, but it included 2 tips. Micro usb and mini usb so I can use it for my 800w and my wife's blackberry.
  9.    #9  
    Not at a hotel. Thanks for all that responded.

I got a charger at Officemax. Weird that their web-site didn't list it. It was $19.95, but it included 2 tips. Micro usb and mini usb so I can use it for my 800w and my wife's blackberry.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    visit HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more! when u return pick up a few micro usb cables and leave one in the laptop bag for future charging/internet connection sharing. they even have a cig lighter adapter rated at 1000ma which charges the 800 fine and fast too.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
  11.    #11  
    I actually got a Micro USB retractable cable from Ebay a few weeks ago. I just left it at home. The weird thing is that it doesn't work when hooked up to my USB AC adapter or USB Cig Adapter.

Are there different types of Micro USB cables?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman View Post
    I actually got a Micro USB retractable cable from Ebay a few weeks ago. I just left it at home. The weird thing is that it doesn't work when hooked up to my USB AC adapter or USB Cig Adapter.

Are there different types of Micro USB cables?
    Yes. There's a charge+data cable (what you bought on Ebay) and a charge-only cable. I won't get into specifics because I don't know them for the 800w. What I do know is that for the Motorola phones, there was a little pinout magic in place (I think a small resistor and a couple of pins were shorted) so that the phone knew what kind of charger it was plugged into, or it wouldn't charge. Rumors flew that it was a ploy to sell motorola-branded chargers. Who knows. Since the moto charge-only cables seem to work with the 800w, I'm guessing the pinout magic is the same, or close enough. I had the exact same problem trying to use my old HTC 6700 chargers with my Moto Q.

Bottom line, a charge + sync cable will work when you have a sync relationship with a PC, such as Activesync running, or a Redfly. A charge-only cable will work with all the wall-AC / AA battery / solar / rechargeable -> USB power adapters you have lying around from all your other gadgets.