1.    #1  
    I got a Vodafone Treo Pro today and I'm trying to charge it via USB because the box only came with Euro adapters for the AC charger. The phone won't operate at all with a dead battery apparently and I'd like to make sure the phone is fully operable.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  2.    #2  
    Frigging A....I think I got one of these defective USB cords...

How do you tell? I get a lightning bolt but after an hour its still a dead battery. That can't be a good sign.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trjons View Post
    Frigging A....I think I got one of these defective USB cords...

How do you tell? I get a lightning bolt but after an hour its still a dead battery. That can't be a good sign.
    Is that charging from the AC adapter or a computer port?

Could be the battery is bad too.
  4.    #4  
    Charging from a USB port....didn't make the phone charge at all in an hour so I quit.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Charging from a USB port....didn't make the phone charge at all in an hour so I quit.
    Try charging with an AC adapter if you have one. I think the cable issue only occurred when trying to charge from a USB port.

At least you'll know if it's the battery or not.
    A completely discharged battery may not charge from a USB port (or it may take a really long time). You need to charge with a wall charger.
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
  7.    #7  
    It was a completely dead battery. Couldn't use AC adapter included because it didn't have the US plug.

Just picked up a charger at Best Buy. So how long will a full charge need?
    It was a completely dead battery. Couldn't use AC adapter included because it didn't have the US plug.

Just picked up a charger at Best Buy. So how long will a full charge need?
    I would guess 4-6 hours. I'd just charge it overnight and check it in the morning. My (new) Treo Pro's battery only took a couple of hours to charge.
  9.    #9  
    This battery is only a couple weeks old. It was just deep sixed. I wonder if future charges will be quicker.
    This battery is only a couple weeks old. It was just deep sixed. I wonder if future charges will be quicker.
    Should be much quicker in the future. Lithium ion batteries should be topped off frequently. Don't run them all the way down.