Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Now they cheat us on headphone.

Before that they cheat us on the plastic stylus that I turn into a tooth pick.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    This is not a deal breaker at all for me. I pretty much use A2DP headphone exclusively The last three phone I bought still have the headphone sealed in the bag in the box.
    So where are the answers and feedback from the test unit that were going to be posted monday?
  4.    #24  
    answers tonight!
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by likearaptor View Post
    So where are the answers and feedback from the test unit that were going to be posted monday?
    Apologies, had a fire to put out and a modest mouse concert to go to that I'd forgotten I'd signed up for.
    I know the Sprint Pro has Titan pre-installed, but I will make a switch to Sprint if Alltel drops the ball again. Also, does the Alltel Pro have IEM6 or PIE? Finally Alltel gets a phone before anyone else, and yet still manages to screw it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by motoq4life View Post
    I know the Sprint Pro has Titan pre-installed, but I will make a switch to Sprint if Alltel drops the ball again. Also, does the Alltel Pro have IEM6 or PIE? Finally Alltel gets a phone before anyone else, and yet still manages to screw it up.
    Titan is NOT pre-installed. It's simply a big "T" icon, that links to a web page the Sprint Titan Java runtime can be downloaded from and installed if you choose. I can GUARANTEE most who install Titan will not use it beyond 30 days, most uninstall it the SAME DAY. It's a real resource hog and for most people their devices get unstable and I've seen that said by 800w users, Touch Pro users and witnessed it myself on my own Touch Pro. (Keep in mind HTC was the ODM for the Sprint Treo Pro and it has the same processor as the HTC Touch Pro. So odds are very good, especially with the Sprint Treo Pro coming out the gate with low available program memory, that Titan will not work well on the Sprint Treo Pro either.)

Titan is at version 1.0 and really runs more like a Beta. I'd advise everyone to just avoid Titan and use one of the other more widely used and respected Java runtimes, if you need one on your device.

The Alltel Treo Pro has IE6 with Flash, just like the Sprint Treo Pro.

Alltel Treo Pro Spec sheet
    Sprint Treo Pro Spec sheet
    Unlocked GSM Treo Pro Spec sheet
    Ah, thanks for the meaty reply. What Java runtime do you recommend? There is one program that I would love to have on my phone, but it requires Java. Le sigh...
    Jbed is a safe option.
    Thanks dude.
    Once Dieter gets all his info together, I will update the 'Different Treo Pro's' Sticky.
    This is the program in question if you want to try it out.

fritzmobile and its a dot com site.
    Interesting...Sprint spec sheet says GPS is only available within wireless coverage area. Did they disable the standalone GPS functionality?
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay View Post
    Interesting...Sprint spec sheet says GPS is only available within wireless coverage area. Did they disable the standalone GPS functionality?
    That's the fine print for:
    GPS for navigation, turn-by-turn directions, and local search
    I suspect they're just saying that because of Sprint Navigation being tied to Sprint's network and that it does have stand alone GPS functional too. But of course we won't know for certain until someone test this latest edition of the Sprint Treo Pro out.
    I can confirm that the Best Buy in Raleigh, NC has it for $250 on a contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by motoq4life View Post
    I can confirm that the Best Buy in Raleigh, NC has it for $250 on a contract.
    Do you need a new line of service, or can you extend an "out-of-contract" line for another 2 years and get the $250 price?
    I don't know. I did not ask about it, I just looked at it. I would assume from reading other posts that its for new contract.
  18.    #38  
    Hey guys -

I haven't forgotten, I swear. I've been swamped with the androidcentral.com relaunch (finished last night!) and will get to work answering your questions after the precentral.net liveblog event this afternoon at 2pm eastern.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    Do you need a new line of service, or can you extend an "out-of-contract" line for another 2 years and get the $250 price?
    Depends on where you are in your contract. I have 14 months left on my contract, and they would only let me extend for one year. Cost a little more but I think the phone is worth it (compared to the 800w and 755p). Best Buy's prices were $249 for a new line, $269 for a 2 year contract extension, $429 for a one year contract extension, and $699 for no contract extension. I think Sprint's prices are lower, and hopefully Best Buy will price match.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    Dieter, Just a couple of things I would like to know.

How strong is the vibrate on the Pro? My Touch Pro is very weak.

Dose the mic on the Pro it self work when a regular set of headphones are plugged in? Or will we have to unplug the headphones to answer calls.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast