1.    #1  
    IIs there still no LED conrol for the Treo Pro.
    The LED goes Red when charging, Green when it's charged and blinks when th ebattery is low. Shouldn't that be enough info for the software guys to figure out control.

It would be so useful to have the LED Blink on missed calls, voicemail, SMS, etc. I know about the ability to control the becan, but the LED would be so much more effective.

Can we put abounty out there? I'll go $20.......................
    The beacon only does voicemail right? Nothing else?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  3.    #3  
    Now that the Sprint Pro's are coming out, hopefully there will be more who care about the L.E.D. notification
    I am going to get the Sprint version next week - and hate the LED charging lights. I charge my phone next to my bed and like it real dark. Want to disable the LED - surprised none of the existing software for the other WinMo Treos does not work on this...
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wilme2 View Post
    I am going to get the Sprint version next week - and hate the LED charging lights. I charge my phone next to my bed and like it real dark. Want to disable the LED - surprised none of the existing software for the other WinMo Treos does not work on this...
    Believe me, if the Sprint version is like the GSM one - you will barely notice the charging led even in total darkness. The led is recessed in the case and there is no ambient light, you only notice it if your looking right at it. Even that center VM beacon is hard to see unless your in a dark room!
    Quote Originally Posted by ewhip View Post
    It would be so useful to have the LED Blink on missed calls, voicemail, SMS, etc. I know about the ability to control the becan, but the LED would be so much more effective.
    I miss the Treo 650 style LED as well; however, the screen saver is a reasonable substitute:

Screen saver off - phone is off.
    Screen saver showing date and time - phone is on.
    Screen saver showing phone icon - missed call.
    Screen saver showing SMS icon - missed SMS.

Page 49 of the user's manual refers. Note that "not all service providers support the screen save feature".

Cheers, Gary