1. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    After 4+ months my GTP appears to have developed some creaking, mostly noticeable when using the keypad. The problem is the bottom left side of the battery door.

Anyone have this problem & what is an easy remedy?

Thanks
    I now have my replacement.
    I don't remember having any creaks with the one I sent back.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    After 4+ months my GTP appears to have developed some creaking, mostly noticeable when using the keypad. The problem is the bottom left side of the battery door.

Anyone have this problem & what is an easy remedy?
    No creaking on mine, although I have a few friends who'd swear that, at my age, they hear ME creaking. :-) Seriously, I seem to have missed all the problems: cracks, broken stylii, consistent rapid battery drain, or creaks. I've been really happy with mine.

BTW, Charlyee, unless others have done so with a different user name there, you & I seem to be the only TreoCentral members who have written reviews of the GSM Treo Pro over at PhoneScoop.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    This is a minor problem, but it drives me crazy. I got my treo pro a little over a week ago, and on the top right (while facing the camera) it creaks when you put any pressure on it... Meaning, pretty much any time I tap on the screen.

It almost sounds like the Storm
    I have successfully used the small rubber pads used on furniture legs to stop creaking battery covers, they're available at home/hardware stores, they come in different sizes. I place them inside the battery cover in the center to add "tension" to the cover.
    I had the same problem in the upper right corner. I just put 5-7 layers of tape in a square size until the creaking stopped
    I use the seidio case holster 90 percent of the time, but every once in a while I like to go without it. the creaky battery covers with the last few devices HTC has made drives me crazy (touch pro, diamond, ect.)

does everyones treo pros battery cover creak?

I know the tape trick works pretty good, but I would consider exchanging it for a different one if they all weren't like this.

thanks to those who reply, cody
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    Mine creaks without the case too. It has not drove me nuts yet.
    I must be lucky...no creak with my battery cover (or any other part of my Treo Pro).
    My battery cover acts normal w/o any creaks. When my wife had a Palm Centro for a brief time it would really be annoying with the creaking sound this Centro made off like made out of cheap, very cheap material. In contrast the Treo Pro feels very solid and professional in my hands and I have not experienced any creaking.
    Mine creaked
    sprint just replaced my batter door and i'm a happy camper once again. glad they didn't want to swap phones.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    I have the creaky battery cover too.
    In order to fix it, I just slide the battery dor tighter shut.
    The creaking gos away i.nstantly
    I take it back...now I have the creak! Argh. It's in the upper back left corner (if you are holding it facing you, screen towards you.)

Somethign about that ridge in the case molding. Such is life with cheap plastics.

There is no way to shut the battery door tighter.

Guess I will need to find some felt with taped backing.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    I take it back...now I have the creak! Argh. It's in the upper back left corner (if you are holding it facing you, screen towards you.)
    mine had that too--I kinda just accept that as part of these new, thinner plastic bodies

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    <<merged>>

Also,
    Mine still don't creak.
    Just call me Berd.
    The door is really thin. Blue painter's tape inside the battery cover fixes it right up. Sad that it needs to be modified but no big deal.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.