Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 50
  1.    #1  
    well?

    Edit March 6:my local store got their advocates back and it is the new release. he called t0 let me know 512/314 and 128/45
    Last edited by aero; 03/06/2009 at 05:51 PM.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    well?
    Apart from any small change beacuse the code was recompiled it will be the exact same size as before.
  3. #3  
    74MB

    Or something more than the recalled version .
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by nitf View Post
    Apart from any small change beacuse the code was recompiled it will be the exact same size as before.
    cool that is ok. what then to you have for the symptom holdup?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by nitf View Post
    Apart from any small change beacuse the code was recompiled it will be the exact same size as before.
    Confirmed

    There is now about 45mb of RAM instead of 43mb

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  6. #6  
    2mb's Yeppie!
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Confirmed

    There is now about 45mb of RAM instead of 43mb
    where did you get this? say it isn't so.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    where did you get this? say it isn't so.
    I have a friend at one of the major tech pubs and they just got their official review Sprint Treo Pro. I have him trying to chase up who was assigned it but they must already be out in some peoples hands.

    Mal have you got one of the new ones?
  9. hofs1's Avatar
    Posts
    460 Posts
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    #9  
    8 gig free..........called the I-Treophone...sorry ill go away now.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
  10. #10  
    I watched the unboxing video but he never showed us how much ram and rom the phone has. Does anybody know?
    Treo 800w
  11.    #11  
    my local store got their advocates back and it is the new release. he called t0 let me know 512/314 and 128/45
  12. #12  
    Was the problem before more of a memory leak?
    Is 45 really that big a deal?
    I know the STP is a different device, but my Hermes didn't have that much free memory after a Soft Reset, and neither does my 750.
    The Program on my 750 is 48/27 and it's stable.
    Just call me Berd.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Was the problem before more of a memory leak?
    Is 45 really that big a deal?
    I know the STP is a different device, but my Hermes didn't have that much free memory after a Soft Reset, and neither does my 750.
    The Program on my 750 is 48/27 and it's stable.
    It all depends on how you run your device.

    For most "professionals" who use this as an email/PIM/phone, it won't be a problem.

    For those who are "powerusers" (even I don't consider myself that) they may run into limits. The big thing is not to use MIE6 as it just inhales RAM on full sites, especially with flash--I'm talking 15-20mb can be used.

    It's not an ideal situation for sure and the device will probably require a soft-reset every few days or some aggressive memory management occasionally to keep things clean. I basically put a RAM meter on my today screen to watch it, which I usually don't need to do.

    Having said that it's not a deal killer, imo.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    It all depends on how you run your device.

    For most "professionals" who use this as an email/PIM/phone, it won't be a problem.

    For those who are "powerusers" (even I don't consider myself that) they may run into limits. The big thing is not to use MIE6 as it just inhales RAM on full sites, especially with flash--I'm talking 15-20mb can be used.

    It's not an ideal situation for sure and the device will probably require a soft-reset every few days or some aggressive memory management occasionally to keep things clean. I basically put a RAM meter on my today screen to watch it, which I usually don't need to do.

    Having said that it's not a deal killer, imo.
    I'm not much for 'Playing' on my phones.
    And yet, I don't know if I would call myself a 'Professional'
    I don't even see myself as a 'Power User' either.

    Maybe that's why I was content with my 750 and 8535 memory wise.

    Back to using memmaid and sktools for some maybe.

    I still don't get why they felt they needed 512/314 for Storage.
    What could be the reasoning for that?
    Just call me Berd.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    For those who are "powerusers" (even I don't consider myself that) they may run into limits. The big thing is not to use MIE6 as it just inhales RAM on full sites, especially with flash--I'm talking 15-20mb can be used.
    I guess what I want to check early on is running one of the full nav programs and calling up explorer.
  16. #16  
    That's what I was thinking.
    Maybe memory management will be better on this Official release.
    Just call me Berd.
  17. #17  
    Palm sent me a Sprint Treo Pro for review today. According to the memory info in "Settings":
    Storage:
    Total: 339.36 MB
    In Use: 22.26 MB
    Free: 317.10 MB

    Program:
    Total 80.54 MB
    In use: 35.02 MB
    Free: 45.52 MB

    I haven't installed any apps, and these results are after a reset.
    Jimmie Geddes
  18. TazUk's Avatar
    Posts
    689 Posts
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    #18  
    That's about 20Mb less program memory than the GSM Treo Pro
  19. #19  
    Well that does it.
    appears like I will be waiting for the next version of the STpro.
  20.    #20  
    Just as a matter of perspective Dieter opened up a whale of a lot of programs .
    We were hearing with the pre release before teh fix of a report crashes with bejeweled
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Then again, I've heard of it crashing twice already running only a few apps (Bejeweled, Activesync and IE6)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    from SU:
    Originally Posted by deanwoof
    Cons - the phone has frozen up a few times for about 3-4 seconds while playing Bejeweled 2 and having Activesync running in the background. That's not a good sign even though it's supposed to have more RAM on the damn thing compared to the 800wx. Not much of an improvement over 800wx performance wise.

    Pros - The device is much sexier and sleeker looking than anything Sprint has at the moment IMO. The phone doesn't feel cheap like the 800wx, which I thought was just the 700wx slapped on with some blue housing sans antanae. The touch screen itself is much nicer and is more responsive, but because the phone feels so different than what we've seen/felt, it feels odd when you are touching the screen with your thumbs. The keypad is a huge improvement over the 800wx. you can actually type on the thing without having your hand/thumbs feel like they were going to cramp.

    One really cool thing is the ability to go to some websites and the phone would actually play embedded videos that the touch pro/diamond and other windows phones didn't.
    Mal did great work looking a the early release for us, but the problems dean woof ran into maybe one of the triggers for the fix (or may not)

    I think that is why Dieter opened up just about all the heavy programs including ie6 and bejeweled in that unboxing. It still moves very fast.

    I think we will now more soon soon as more testing is done.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions