Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Ok Then!
    Though it goes against the grain of all that's pure and good, it's time for a Custom
    Or just not use IE6 for now, lol. Luckily there are a ton of alternative browsers out there, mostly superior.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Or just not use IE6 for now, lol. Luckily there are a ton of alternative browsers out there, mostly superior.
    Yeah,
    I was just going to come back and edit my post.

But like you, I actually like IE over some of the other choices.
    But then again, even if we could get IE6 out of Rom with a Custom, it may be extremely difficult to get IE5 back in, and then have it interact properly.
    Just call me Berd.
    If someone simply avoids use of IE6, they'll also have to configure the device to NOT recognize IE6 as the default browser.

And it leaves the program memory still used up.

A custom ROM that uses a trial version of Opera Mobile and HTC Media Player would work out well. (Of course the user of the ROM would have to buy an Opera Mobile license before the trial ended.)

Or even if the old IE was added it probably would at least be usable without device lock ups.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    If someone simply avoids use of IE6, they'll also have to configure the device to NOT recognize IE6 as the default browser.

And it leaves the program memory still used up.

A custom ROM that uses a trial version of Opera Mobile and HTC Media Player would work out well. (Of course the user of the ROM would have to buy an Opera Mobile license before the trial ended.)

Or even if the old IE was added it probably would at least be usable without device lock ups.
    Good Points.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    You still running with the stock configuration or have you started adding any applications yet?
    Yes, I have added some apps. SPB Shell, eWallet, Garmin XT, Google Maps, MemMaid, Bible Reader, NSC Mobile, PDANet, and a couple of games (PacMan, Kvetris, Nine Hole Golf). If it continues, I may do a hard reset and add the apps one at a time to see what is causing it.
    Last edited by jac6695; 03/11/2009 at 08:34 PM. Reason: added programs
    Well since there are reports others are having the problem, it may really be IE 6 that is the problem.
    I've only addes MobiPocket and eReader to mine. Been playing around with the stock device and apps before getting too wild. The times I've been on the Internet, IE6 seems to work fine. No hang ups or freezing yet, knock on wood, er, laminated vinly covered particle board.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    I would probably install Opera Mobile 9.5. Doesn't it usually become the default browser?

Does SPB Mobile Shell use a lot of RAM?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    I would probably install Opera Mobile 9.5. Doesn't it usually become the default browser?

Does SPB Mobile Shell use a lot of RAM?
    Opera, Skyfire, Opera mini with hack and maybe even Torch all can be set as default browser under their Options menu.

Mobile shell uses around 3-5mb of ram.
    Ah ok. Can you start typing to find a contact (default WM behavior) when Mobile Shell's active on the screen?

Sorry for the sidetrack
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123