Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    I am looking for a good FTP client software.
    I have Resco Explorer, which officially has something built in, but it doesn't work - almost every time I try, it just closes the program.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks.
    Have you installed the actual .cab ftp addin for resco explorer? It doesn't come with it and is an additional download. That's what I use without issue *shrug*
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    It did work a few times, but I don't think I installed the .cab.
    Do you have a link?
    Or is there a better program?
    here's a link to the ftp addin:
    http://resco.net/downloads/pocketpc/...inen_p.arm.cab (this is for resco explorer 2008 (v7.05))

And no, i've never tried any other ftp clients
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I've searched high and low, and the best one continues to be Resco IMHO. Granted, I haven't re-evaluated in several months; there may be new things out now. If anyone has a favorite, don't be shy.

My major issues with Resco are:

1. It doesn't allow for prompting of login passwords. I've love to be able to store the server address and maybe username (maybe not) on the device, but still be prompted for the password. But you can't save a profile that way, so you have to modify the profile every time. Bit of a nuisance for me.

2. It has no method of CHMODing remote files. So if you upload a script, you still have to use PuTTY or something to a+x it on the remote end. Many desktop FTP clients have this ability.

3. The upload methodology is different from the download methodology. For download, IIRC you hold down the stylus and select "get from server" or something like that. For upload, you have to select the file in the local filesystem, copy, switch to the remote filesystem, and paste. Why not an "upload to server" option within the Resco interface?

I've asked them about 1 and 2 a couple of years ago, but they haven't been implemented. Others have asked about #3 in their support forums.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    You mentioned something about CHMODing files.
    I recently started working on sites, and haven't come across this yet.
    What is it for/what does it do?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by isaacl; 03/04/2009 at 05:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Are you running a FTP server on your home computer to get software on your phone while on the road?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    I do some website work on the side, and sometimes use my hosting plan to share files, and I find it very easy to be able to upload some of the files from my phone...
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacl View Post
    You mentioned something about CHMODing files.
    I recently started working on sites, and haven't come across this yet.
    What is it for/what does it do?
    Thanks.
    In my case, for making Perl CGI scripts executable so that Apache can run them. Doesn't affect static sites or php files, and it's getting harder to find people that use perl these days. But it's still important to me.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Then in my case I'm fine...
    So far, all ny sites are simple html.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    You could run your own ftp server from home and get any files while you are away.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4