Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Alltel will begin offering the Treo Pro on Thursday! I have confirmed this will my Alltel account rep!
  2.    #2  
    It's also on the Alltel web site!
    Anybody know a zip code that will work on Alltel's web site? When I enter my zip they simply tell me they don't service my area and point me to Verizon. But I just want to look around their site.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Many thanks.

Yea I see the Treo Pro there, they're already taking orders. $199 with contract. They even toss in a free BT headset! ($519 without contract.)
    Doesn't Verizon own alltell now?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by brothermike View Post
    Doesn't Verizon own alltell now?
    They do, but the markets have not yet been merged.
    Mine is on order and hope it will be here friday!
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    They do, but the markets have not yet been merged.
    What does that actually mean? Are you saying that it might take a long time before the Treo Pro is available on Verizon?
    Do alltell phones work on verizon towers?
    Nevermind. Found the skinny on the integration here:

Verizon/Alltell Integration
    So... I had almost given up hope. I'm on VZW. I still like my Treo 700wx very much and would be happy to wait for the successor Treo product - if there is any. I'm NE2 eligible now, but could easily wait 4-6 months for the Pro... if I could get it.

Anyone here care to hazard a guess if/when it could be available on VZW? So far I've read that VZW might have dispensed with Palm products for the future. But this new Alltell device and buyout makes me wonder if the Pro may still be a possibility on VZW.

-Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    So... I had almost given up hope. I'm on VZW. I still like my Treo 700wx very much and would be happy to wait for the successor Treo product - if there is any. I'm NE2 eligible now, but could easily wait 4-6 months for the Pro... if I could get it.

Anyone here care to hazard a guess if/when it could be available on VZW? So far I've read that VZW might have dispensed with Palm products for the future. But this new Alltell device and buyout makes me wonder if the Pro may still be a possibility on VZW.

-Frank
    I'd love to know the answer to this myself.

-Frank
    I've seen no evidence to suggest Verizon is getting this. The Alltel thing is probably due to Palm/Alltel having agreed many months ago to get this device--that is Alltel was contractually obligated to release it, even though the buyout has gone through and been approved now. Just a guess on my part.

On Verizion, I understand you can bring basically any CDMA device to their network, so no reason why you can't with the Treo Pro--though I'm not sure about the reprogramming. Only downside is no subsidy of course.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Only downside is no subsidy of course.
    Thanks for your thoughts. Yep, no subsidy is kind of a big deal at $500+ retail.

-Frank
    I've seen no evidence to suggest Verizon is getting this. The Alltel thing is probably due to Palm/Alltel having agreed many months ago to get this device--that is Alltel was contractually obligated to release it, even though the buyout has gone through and been approved now. Just a guess on my part.

On Verizion, I understand you can bring basically any CDMA device to their network, so no reason why you can't with the Treo Pro--though I'm not sure about the reprogramming. Only downside is no subsidy of course.
    What would be involved in the reprogramming?
    Thanks for your thoughts. Yep, no subsidy is kind of a big deal at $500+ retail.-Frank
    Frank this means you are completely out of contract? Are the altell rates competitive for you? If so, have you considered trying to sign up with altell since you will be virizon in weeks/months anyway?

It is a possibility you can enter a valid altell zip a the location of use and your actual address as the billing address. I think there are vz fourms over at howardforums and you could ask if you can get away with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Frank this means you are completely out of contract? Are the altell rates competitive for you? If so, have you considered trying to sign up with altell since you will be virizon in weeks/months anyway?

It is a possibility you can enter a valid altell zip a the location of use and your actual address as the billing address. I think there are vz fourms over at howardforums and you could ask if you can get away with that.
    Hi, I may consider something like that, but I don't think I'll do it.

To make matters even more confusing, just today I stopped at the VZW store to look at the Samsung Omnia and the Samsung Saga. They didn't have a Saga to look at, only the Omnia. While I was there the sales rep told me that she had been advised that VZW would be releasing a new Palm offering around summer of '09. Hmmm... what else could it be but the Pro?

-Frank
    While I was there the sales rep told me that she had been advised that VZW would be releasing a new Palm offering around summer of '09. Hmmm... what else could it be but the Pro?

-Frank
    Could be the Pre. Perhaps Verizon will get the Pre late in the summer, while Sprint gets it early summer or late Spring?

No such luck. I called both Verizon and Alltel and according to both of them you cannot activate an Alltel device on the Verizon network. Looks like there will be no Treo Pro for Verizon after all...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast