Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dontbugme View Post
    No such luck. I called both Verizon and Alltel and according to both of them you cannot activate an Alltel device on the Verizon network. Looks like there will be no Treo Pro for Verizon after all...
    Well they're supposed to merge all of Alltel into the Verizon network and all but about %1 of the Alltel devices are supposed to then work with Verizon's network. It will be after some sort of update Verizon will send out. At that time, Alltel Treo Pros should work on Verzion's network.
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    They do, but the markets have not yet been merged.
    Sprint and Nextel merged years ago and they still aren't 100% integrated.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    The Palm website has been updated for the Treo. In addtion to the tickler "Coming Soon to Sprint", there is now an additional one saying "Now Available on AllTel". Hopefully that will soon change for Sprint.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by dontbugme View Post
    No such luck. I called both Verizon and Alltel and according to both of them you cannot activate an Alltel device on the Verizon network. Looks like there will be no Treo Pro for Verizon after all...
    I recommended checking over at howard, of course Verizon is going to tell you that despite the fact that they are merging and all the altell phone sill be allowed.

It is more a question of what hoops you want to take on cost, if you are in contract which would allow yo to go to altell which will just transfer your Verizon contract soon anyway, and if you can get away with listing a different zip code which I have never had a problem with.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I recommended checking over at howard, of course Verizon is going to tell you that despite the fact that they are merging and all the altell phone sill be allowed.

It is more a question of what hoops you want to take on cost, if you are in contract which would allow yo to go to altell which will just transfer your Verizon contract soon anyway, and if you can get away with listing a different zip code which I have never had a problem with.
    I am off contract with Verizon so I can do whatever I want. I would prefer to stay with Verizon if possible. Not sure I want to risk changing providers just to get a phone that I may not even love.

It would be ideal if I could just buy the Treo Pro from Alltel and activate it on Verizon's network. Is there a way to do this without any hacking or breaking the law?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12