1.    #1  
    Few days ago my Treo Pro was noticeably hot and then within hours went from 100% battery to dead battery. (I have the stock battery that came with the phone.) Would not even take a charge. Palm replaced battery under warranty and as soon as new battery was put in phone it worked but got hot again and is rapidly discharging. Anyone know if this is fixable or do I need to get a new Treo Pro. (Just bought it in Nov. '08 and have not had any problems) Thanks
    What programs do you use on your Pro? I realize when I use Pandora on my Pro, it gets hot and chews through battery life. For example, I can have a fully charged Pro and after one hour use of Pandora, the battery indicator will be at about 50%.
  3.    #3  
    I use just the standard programs that came on the phone. I did not change any programs before the battery issue started.
    I believe Berd had your problem and sent the phone to Palm for a replacement. I haven't sent my phone in because the overheating issue only happens with Pandora and the only time I use Pandora is when I am in my car so my phone is on the car charger and the battery life is not sapped. The phone does feel hot but not terribly to the point where you can't hold the device.
  5.    #6  
    Berdinkerdiddle - You had the same exact problem I am having. Phone is burning up. This is not just it running a little hot at times using certain software. Battery is draining dead in 60 minutes and will not charge or barely charges. Once battery is dead it will not charge. I guess my phone must go in for repair. New battery received today is just about dead despite being attached to two different chargers. Red light shows charging but no increase in percentage of charge. Phone is 4 months old.
    Just curious,
    what's your S/N
    mine was P4GU09C8H1C3
    Just call me Berd.
  7.    #8  
    Mine starts with P4GU0, but different after that
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAESQ View Post
    Mine starts with P4GU0, but different after that
    All US Treo Pro's start with P4GU0. What are the remaining characters, you can XXX out the last three if you are worried about someone getting your S/N.
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
  9.    #10  
    P4GU0A78H0XX

I XX'd out last two digits
    Well so much for that.
    Your S/N is quite a bit different than mine.
    Just call me Berd.
    1) I bought Treo pro when it just came out
    2) After 3 months (less), it was full of cracks
    3) Replace after so many efforts....
    4) Now after another 3 months (less), the battery starts to die very very quickly

It's like, full charged yesterday, made two mins phone call, checked agenda 3 times, the next morning, it's totally dead, I use very standard software, actually I didn't install any new since I replaced Treo Pro.

What shall I do? I really wanna sell this thing back to Palm now!
    <<edited out language>>
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 03/04/2009 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Language
    There's a thread title something like battery hot discharge quick or something. <<merged>>
    The first thing to try; if you haven't already, is Hard Reset and run it stock to confirm it's not any 3rd party apps.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 03/04/2009 at 12:00 PM. Reason: merged threads
    berdinkerdickle, I thank for your help. Just to be clear, I'm not a newbie, and I have been with palm back to 1999. I know all the tricks and tips and I clearly understand how to exam the issue when it happens. So I tried lots of ways to check the problem and now I'm 100% sure it's a ridiculous and serious hardware problem.

Believe it or not, there will be more complaints about it. I don't wanna play like an innocent kid here or on the customer service line, in front of cops, nervously show them "I don't have a gun, I didn't do drug, I didn't speed......" IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM!

Same bullshxt as last time when I reported cracks issue, so many people argued that I must throw my $500 against a rock or I heavily use the button every min.

I'm so tired of this. Anyone here can help me talk to Palm? I desperately need a refund. I was a loyal palm customer many years ago and I encouraged numerous people to try Palm products which I didn't get any cent back. And this time, after so many troubles, if Palm insist no refund, they are creating a much bigger problem out here. They may save $500 by turning me down, but they will cost $500000 or even more due to the damage. Period.
    Sorry
    I don't understand why ppl are still buying treo pro?! Why Palm didn't recall the product and issue official apology! I bet the sales of Palm will continue to drop!

If the company starts to treat customer like trash, it's final day is coming soon!!!!
    berdinkerdickle, do you know what causes the battery draining problem? Battery itself or the device? Did they change the device for you after you reported? thx
    My only guess could be the Processor was running overtime.
    I really never figured out what the hardware issue was.
    I narrowed it down to not software related because I hardreset,
    put in flightmode, and it still drained in 3-4hrs and got hot.
    I ordered a second battery to confirm, and it also drained in 3-4 hrs and got hot.
    I then called palm and told them all the steps I took to confirm it was a hardware issue, and they gave me a RMA.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    My only guess could be the Processor was running overtime.
    I really never figured out what the hardware issue was.
    I narrowed it down to not software related because I hardreset,
    put in flightmode, and it still drained in 3-4hrs and got hot.
    I ordered a second battery to confirm, and it also drained in 3-4 hrs and got hot.
    I then called palm and told them all the steps I took to confirm it was a hardware issue, and they gave me a RMA.
    good for you, buddy! I just need a lot of luck! thx