Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all

My Pro has lost all its self confidence - it does'nt say anything out loud when incomming calls and SMS & Emails arrive!

Switch set to RING on the top of the phone
    Soft reset done
    Settings > Notifications > Sounds = enable notifications for Events, Programs, Notifications
    Settings > Notifications Event = Phone:Known Caller / Unknown Caller etc and all messaging Events have a Ring Type & Ring Tone assigned to them that plays when I hit the Play button

SPB shell installed and SPB Phone installed as well. Phone Profile = Normal

Any ideas why I am getting no sound?

Thanks Raphael
    Last edited by Raphael; 03/03/2009 at 05:40 AM.
    I had a problem with one particular ringtone (Klavier) that unless it was set to "increasing ring" it didn't ring it didn't ring at all.

Have you tried changing this setting?
  3.    #3  
    Thanks - tried that, changed to other ring tones, no difference.

However when I go into settings and "play" the .wav file all sounds fine and loud - also speaker works in games etc.

Raphael
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I've had that a few times on my 800w - always required a hard reset. Never did figure out what caused it or how to cure it.
    The main reason I ditched my 800w. One question, does it give you a visual indication that you had a call or message. With my 800w, the first indication I got was a tone that I had a voice mail if one was left.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    The main reason I ditched my 800w.
    Me too. Sucks Palm probably has no clue. Hopefully they figure it out with the Pre. lol
    Here's a link about the random silence issue with the 800w.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...l-silence.html
  8. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    Thanks - tried that, changed to other ring tones, no difference.

However when I go into settings and "play" the .wav file all sounds fine and loud - also speaker works in games etc.

Raphael
    Try putting it on "Increasing Ring" instead of "Ring" and see if that helps.

Just a suggestion.
    Please Visit My Other Hangout
    Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Palm Treo 750 > Palm Treo Pro > BB 9700.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    No, the phone ringer remains silent, whatever the setting.

And yes, you get all the usual visual notifications, incl vibration (if set), while it's 'ringing' and afterwards if you miss it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    SPB shell installed and SPB Phone installed as well. Phone Profile = Normal
    Any chance that the version of SPB Phone you installed is the 1.3.1 Beta??

It has been a reported bug with the 1.3.1 Beta and the Treo Pro that it may knock out all sounds and a hard reset is needed to restore normal operation.

I have the "old" version 1.3.0 installed. This version is not compatible with the 320x320 screen, it does not show the icons, only the counters. Nevertheless, I use trhis version as it is otherwise perfectly stable. I know by now which counter means what.
    Quote Originally Posted by tbaker View Post
    Me too. Sucks Palm probably has no clue. Hopefully they figure it out with the Pre. lol
    Here's a link about the random silence issue with the 800w.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...l-silence.html
    Everything worked with mine, alarms, reminders, etc. It just would not answer the phone. Heck, even the voice mail sound worked, telling the person who's call I missed had left me a message.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I don't have SPB Phone at all, though I do have Mobile Shell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I've had that a few times on my 800w - always required a hard reset. Never did figure out what caused it or how to cure it.
    When this happened did you have SPB Shell or SPB Phone or both installed?
    I'm experiencing the same issue. Googled and found the solution: edit registry, HKCU -> Control Panel -> Sounds ->Ringtone0 -> sound. it was "*none". Change it to "\\Windows\\Treo.mid". It will change back to something else. And now you have the ringtone again. Problem: it happened a couple of times already.
    I'm having this recurring issue. I followed the last poster's advice and that regedit DOES fix it, but only temporarily. Does anyone else have any advice on what's causing this?
    From another post...

I also had this issue and reported on it within another thread. The problem was, the Registry item that is getting changed, is automatically changed again by your phone after you close out of the registry. In my case, if I changed the registry item [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0] to anything other than "\Windows\plmo.mid" or "*none*", after closing the registry, the item would be changed back to "\Windows\plmo.mid". To fix the problem, I had to copy the treo.mid file in the Windows folder and name it plmo.mid. Once I did that, my ringer issue was gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuysTreo View Post
    From another post...

I also had this issue and reported on it within another thread. The problem was, the Registry item that is getting changed, is automatically changed again by your phone after you close out of the registry. In my case, if I changed the registry item [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0] to anything other than "\Windows\plmo.mid" or "*none*", after closing the registry, the item would be changed back to "\Windows\plmo.mid". To fix the problem, I had to copy the treo.mid file in the Windows folder and name it plmo.mid. Once I did that, my ringer issue was gone.
    Hi! Thanks for responding.

I did the steps, and I'll report back if this solves the issue. Here's to hoping!
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    Hi! Thanks for responding.

I did the steps, and I'll report back if this solves the issue. Here's to hoping!
    so, did it?
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    so, did it?
    Nope.
    I found that I was able to get everything back to normal after three hard resets done on the same day! Since then no more problems and this happened after MS3 was installed.....I'm waiting for the full release version to try again...MS3 IS a good app but needs some fine tuning
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast