Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I noticed that my phone was starting to do this but only when a particular person called (who had a personalized ringer). I realized that her ringer was an MP3 (one of the included ones) and that stops the phone from ringing or vibrating but only when she calls. After some experimenting, I noticed that for any of the MP3 ringers it does this, but the WAV, MID, and AMR files all play & vibrate fine.

Then I saw this over at PPC Geeks but haven't applied it yet:
    Quote Originally Posted by crashjack View Post
    palm just released this update to fix a known issue with the Treo Pro's ringer not working. not sure if it will fix the problems in this post as i have not experienced them myself, but it might be worth a shot. here is the link for the download.www.palm.com/treopro-sprint-ringer
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Here is the fix from Palm to correct the ringer issue: Go to Palm website..I could not add the 3W in front
    palm.com/treopro-sprint-ringer

What causes the Treo Pro No Ringer issue?
    The root cause of the Treo Pro No Ringer issue is related to a rare corruption of the Treo Pro’s registry key. This can lead to the smart phone not ringing and causing the user to miss an incoming call.

How does this software update work?
    This update corrects the registry if it finds it is corrupted and helps prevent further registry corruption.
    Nice find...going to try it out.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    http://www.palm.com/treopro-sprint-ringer

It says "If you see a Software Version that is T850EWW-1.04-SPT you should install this update."

My question is this...what does the phone say the Software Version is AFTER you install this update?

Thanks!
    I haven't checked to see what it says now, but this cab did fix my STP. I thought I was losing my mind and had done something to my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    I noticed that my phone was starting to do this but only when a particular person called (who had a personalized ringer). I realized that her ringer was an MP3 (one of the included ones) and that stops the phone from ringing or vibrating but only when she calls. After some experimenting, I noticed that for any of the MP3 ringers it does this, but the WAV, MID, and AMR files all play & vibrate fine.

Then I saw this over at PPC Geeks but haven't applied it yet:
    The patch didn't fix it for me. Oh well... I'll just avoid MP3 ringers....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    The patch didn't fix it for me. Oh well... I'll just avoid MP3 ringers....
    I too have had a problem with the ringer not working. I tried the registry edit and it would automatically change whatever I put in to "plmo.mid". I checked the Windows directory and there was no plmo.mid. So, I just made a new copy of treo.mid and renamed it to plmo.mid, put it in the Windows directory and voila, it started working! I believe that the software that started the whole problem is a program called G-Profile in my case.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    so can anyone confirm that G-profile and the beta SPB shell is a definite cause of this problem too??

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dphilips View Post
    I too have had a problem with the ringer not working. I tried the registry edit and it would automatically change whatever I put in to "plmo.mid". I checked the Windows directory and there was no plmo.mid. So, I just made a new copy of treo.mid and renamed it to plmo.mid, put it in the Windows directory and voila, it started working! I believe that the software that started the whole problem is a program called G-Profile in my case.
    Hmm didn't work for me either. Weird.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I used the cab file listed earlier (page 2?) of this thread. It may be the same cab file shown on the official Palm site.
    The cab file worked for me and I'm back ringing.
    I cant believe Palm actually fixed this!
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I have recently had the same problem and it came down to the ringer volume having somehow become 0.

Press the volume control button on the left side and you will see sliders for speech and ring volume

I'd be interested to know it this fixes anyone else's problem
    Quote Originally Posted by dstratton View Post
    I have recently had the same problem and it came down to the ringer volume having somehow become 0.

Press the volume control button on the left side and you will see sliders for speech and ring volume

I'd be interested to know it this fixes anyone else's problem
    go to Palms website and grab the ringer update cab install and you'll be fine
    I swear I have to hard reset and reinstall everything on this phone at least once a month...even using Sprite backup.

This particular issue is a persistent one. And it never fails, when it decides to do this, it's always when an important call is coming in and all I hear is the tone alert that I've missed a call. Irritating.

I've always loved my Palm phones - when they are working. But you'd think they'd spend more time on the experimental phase when them for what they sell for - to find all these bugs themselves and fix them before they go out.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123