Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 54
  1. #21  
    MS 3.0 causes your treo.mid to become some other file. Also the ringer volumes have been messed up so any time you adjust the volum it will wipe out teh device MS Profile.

    SPB is now pushing 3.0.1 which still has a few bugs but this issue seems to have been fixed. 3.0.1 is the same as the release candidate, but its also a final release.

    I do recommend doing a hard reset first, otherwise the upgrade wont do you any good, at least from my experience.
    Devices: Blackberry 7130, 8130, 8330, HTC Touch Pro, Treo 600, 700wx, Pro, Palm Pre
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by CTL Advance View Post
    MS 3.0 causes your treo.mid to become some other file. Also the ringer volumes have been messed up so any time you adjust the volum it will wipe out teh device MS Profile.

    SPB is now pushing 3.0.1 which still has a few bugs but this issue seems to have been fixed. 3.0.1 is the same as the release candidate, but its also a final release.

    I do recommend doing a hard reset first, otherwise the upgrade wont do you any good, at least from my experience.
    3.0.1 fixed it for me too. However, there is no need for a hard reset. Just remember to uninstall v3 before installing 3.0.1 and you'll be fine.

    HTH
  3. #23  
    The install will uninstall the previous version for you.
  4. #24  
    I am having close to the same problem. I have tried everything previously mentioned except for the hard reset as I am having troubles doing an activesync to back up all my things.

    I have Spb shell 2.3.02 installed. I get all sounds from the device except for on incoming calls whether I have the top ringer switch on or off and I don't get a vibrate on incoming calls either as it is set to do so.

    I figure no one has suggestions but I just wanted to post my problems in case it can help someone else.

    cheers,
  5. asdfgh1's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #25  
    same issue here. no ring. i havent tried to hard reset yet, it is frustrating though. I dont have ms installed.
  6. asdfgh1's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #26  
    How about this fix mentioned in the 750 forum? available in registry and .cab flavors.
    I can't link the thread, but it's stickied over at ppcgeeks by Malatesta.
  7. #27  
    I don't have MS installed. I this phone for 2 months and it just started happening. Anybody got any ideas?!
  8. #28  
    my phone stopped ringing or making any kind of noise out loud from the speaker, even on the tiny earpiece holding it up to your head had no noise.

    i took it in and they are replacing it for free.
  9. #29  
    I'm going to have to take mine in too. I knew this phone was too good to be true. I don't have SPB Shell or ANY of that type of software but still, even after multiple hard resets, I lose the ring function. This is unacceptable.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    I'm going to have to take mine in too. I knew this phone was too good to be true. I don't have SPB Shell or ANY of that type of software but still, even after multiple hard resets, I lose the ring function. This is unacceptable.
    Did you set any alarms on your phone?
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by knivez View Post
    Did you set any alarms on your phone?
    Nope.
  12. #32  
    here's what I have noticed with my phone...when I set any ringer that is longer than 30 seconds in length it causes the ring function to go crazy. I only have treo pro alert installed. When I got rid of the custom ringers that were longer than 30 seconds then I had no problems.
  13. #33  
    Hey folks,
    The only solution I have found for my prob of no sound on incoming calls is a hard reset. After that it came back to normal.... I hope i don't need to do HR too often....

    Good luck everyone
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    I'm going to have to take mine in too. I knew this phone was too good to be true. I don't have SPB Shell or ANY of that type of software but still, even after multiple hard resets, I lose the ring function. This is unacceptable.
    Did you have a custom ringtone?
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by knivez View Post
    Did you have a custom ringtone?
    Nope.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    Nope.
    Did you end up getting a new phone? If so, did you exchange it with the sprint store? I've had my phone for over 2 months now, and don't know if they accept exchanges.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by knivez View Post
    Did you end up getting a new phone? If so, did you exchange it with the sprint store? I've had my phone for over 2 months now, and don't know if they accept exchanges.
    This link from the Palm website is from a moderator. He posted a CAB file that another user posted. I installed it last week and no problems since; this CAB fixed the issues so far: Re: TREO PRO : Ringer doesn't work for incoming calls but ringer switch is "on" - Bluetooth & WiFi - Palm Support Forums
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    This link from the Palm website is from a moderator. He posted a CAB file that another user posted. I installed it last week and no problems since; this CAB fixed the issues so far: Re: TREO PRO : Ringer doesn't work for incoming calls but ringer switch is "on" - Bluetooth & WiFi - Palm Support Forums
    Nice find. :-)

    Hopefully, Sprint will release a good ROM update for this phone in the near future.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    This link from the Palm website is from a moderator. He posted a CAB file that another user posted. I installed it last week and no problems since; this CAB fixed the issues so far: Re: TREO PRO : Ringer doesn't work for incoming calls but ringer switch is "on" - Bluetooth & WiFi - Palm Support Forums
    What does your registry read for

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\Ringtone0

    Category: ?
    SavedSound: ?
    Script: ?
    Sound: ?

    Thanks.
  20. #40  
    seems like the cab fixed the problem
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions