1.    #1  
    With Alltel .

Alltel to release Palm Treo Pro on the 5th

Amazing that a Verizon subsidiary may launch a CDMA Treo Pro before Sprint. All this talk about Sprint and here comes Alltel!
    Sprint will get there.

I'm very curious about that phone and would like to use one.
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    What is Sprint waiting for?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  4.    #4  
    It will be interesting to see if the Sprint Treo Pro is any better or worse than the Alltel version. If they are exactly the same, Sprint has missed being the first CDMA carrier to sell it. If the Sprint version is superior, it might be worth a few days delay. If the Alltel version is superior...
    If Sprint is late to this party after all this hype that would be pretty sad. I wonder if this will provide any leverage to Sprint customers in negotiating for a Treo Pro.
    So, will an Alltel treo pro work on verizon?

Answered my own question;

"Will I need to purchase a new wireless device after the conversion?
    In most cases, no. Most Alltel customers' wireless devices will work on the Verizon Wireless network after conversion. Based on wireless device testing to date, a small percentage of Alltel customers (less than 1 percent) may need to replace their wireless devices for use on the Verizon Wireless network after the conversion. These are older wireless devices that do not contain the chipset required to receive over-the-air software changes to enable the wireless device to work on the Verizon Wireless network. Customers who want to take advantage of Verizon Wireless data services, such as VZ Navigator, V CAST and others, or choose to migrate early to Verizon Wireless will need to purchase a Verizon Wireless device."
    Last edited by nyc_rock; 03/02/2009 at 08:22 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    So, will an Alltel treo pro work on verizon?

Answered my own question;

"Will I need to purchase a new wireless device after the conversion?
    In most cases, no. Most Alltel customers' wireless devices will work on the Verizon Wireless network after conversion. Based on wireless device testing to date, a small percentage of Alltel customers (less than 1 percent) may need to replace their wireless devices for use on the Verizon Wireless network after the conversion. These are older wireless devices that do not contain the chipset required to receive over-the-air software changes to enable the wireless device to work on the Verizon Wireless network. Customers who want to take advantage of Verizon Wireless data services, such as VZ Navigator, V CAST and others, or choose to migrate early to Verizon Wireless will need to purchase a Verizon Wireless device."
    Who knew there would be a Treo Pro on Verizon before Sprint!!! OK all you Verizon folks who have been begging for it, you've got the Treo Pro now. Just get the Alltel model.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Who knew there would be a Treo Pro on Verizon before Sprint!!! OK all you Verizon folks who have been begging for it, you've got the Treo Pro now. Just get the Alltel model.
    So a VZW customer can buy an Alltell Pro and keep the VZW plan or only when the merger is complete?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by larryo108 View Post
    So a VZW customer can buy an Alltell Pro and keep the VZW plan or only when the merger is complete?
    I'm not a Verizon or Alltel customer, so don't take my word for it . But if you're with Verizon, you should talk to them and talk with Alltel too. Let everyone know how it goes so we know for certain.
    Here's a pic, check out the microSD capacity... to be sure that's a typo...
    I have seen the 32GB capacity everywhere. I believe that is correct. Although I am not sure there is a 32GB available.

Wait. I just saw what you mean. I think you are right. It should be GB.