1.    #1  
    Hello all I'm student winmo user trying to save a buck, If I get a new 800w from fleabay can I bring it back to a local store within 30 days an get the pro ? or this policy only works for new accounts ?
    I currently have two SERO accounts with a 1-1/2 in contract and $ 4.00 insurance NOT TEP.

Any ideas ?
    Thank you all in advanced.
    no, not off the bat like that

you can try to fake having problems with it for a few months and keep complaining about it, then maybe they'll bump you to the Pro--but that takes some finesse, luck and persistance

seeing as you have SERO, Sprint won't bend over backwards for you, lol

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3.    #3  
    I appreciate very much your comment and what you do for this great community, I don't post very much but do a lot reading, many of your h**ks/tricks I have applied with great success..

AGAIN.... T H A N K Y O U....
    Quote Originally Posted by yvyv View Post
    I appreciate very much your comment and what you do for this great community, I don't post very much but do a lot reading, many of your h**ks/tricks I have applied with great success..

AGAIN.... T H A N K Y O U....
    appreciated

you can also try this:
    Self Service Solutions

I'm not sure if works with the $4 vs $7 insurance, but you can always add the $7 to the 800w within 30 days and try go that method--some have had luck.

of course now we just have to wait for the TP to actually come out! lol

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    A few tidbits here:

The 30 day return policy is only when you buy a new phone FROM Sprint. Ebay doesn't count.

The $7 insurance option won't help you right away, because there are PLENTY of 800w refurbs in the warehouse. Hell, there are still a good amount of Mogul (HTC 6800) and original Touchs (6900) in the warehouse, and how long have those been discontinued? Hell, on most days, you can still order refurbed 6700s, 700p, 700w, etc.

Yvyv, to be completely honest with you, you have very few options as far as Palms go. If you were to get, say, a Mogul/Touch, add insurance, and it happened to "go bad" in a few months, you have a very good shot at getting a cheap refurb Touch Diamond or Pro, but you're going to be completely out of luck going from an 800w to a Treo Pro.

Remember, there are a ton of brand NEW 800s sitting around, they'll send you one of those if they ever run out of refurbs, way before they send you an 850.
  6.    #6  
    Thank you both ,
    Im a happy winmo user and sprint customer with old sero accounts with all kinds of goodies, with a year 1/2 on contract I will try get a deal with sprint with TP at discount it price and resign contract or find a deal on fleabay, when the PRE's come to the picture, I'm sure many will dump the pro for the pre, I will jump to the pre when it becomes stable,bug free, and more applications that will fulfill my needs are available, in the meantime I will keep enjoying my second gen Q "Q9C" that has done wonders in every sense.. I jumped to the diamond and diamond pro BIG mistakes, came back to the Q9c, hopefully the TREO PRO wont be a disappointment...

AGAIN THANK YOU.
    Last edited by yvyv; 03/01/2009 at 03:57 PM. Reason: error