Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by migdon01 View Post
    There is a seller on ebay selling brand new 800W's with bad ESN for under 105 bucks shipped. Just do a search. Hurry they're going fast.
    Email me to get my old 800w for rom testing.
    brandizy4sheezy"AT"yahoo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by brandizy View Post
    Email me to get my old 800w for rom testing.
    brandizy4sheezy"AT"yahoo.com
    Brandizy, the Treo 800w was never "unlocked" (via Hard SPL) for anyone to ever be able to load a customized ROM onto it. No unlocker means no custom ROMs, ever.

The device was discontinued by Sprint, the only carrier to ever sell the device. Palm has removed the device from their main pages. Palm nixed their WM group. Inventec who was the ODM for the 800w was embroiled in scandal. So the odds of Palm providing a ROM update are about 0.01%.

Nobody could unlock it on their own and Palm likely won't provide any updates that an unlocker can be constructed from.

Sorry, the 800w is what it is and so you'd probably do better not to send your 800w to anybody who e-mails you. Not trying to tell you what to do with your device, but just letting you know anybody you give it too will likely do nothing but profit from it for themselves (selling it for their own profit or something).
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    brandizy, the treo 800w was never "unlocked" (via hard spl) for anyone to ever be able to load a customized rom onto it. No unlocker means no custom roms, ever.

The device was discontinued by sprint, the only carrier to ever sell the device. Palm has removed the device from their main pages. Palm nixed their wm group. Inventec who was the odm for the 800w was embroiled in scandal. So the odds of palm providing a rom update are about 0.01%.

Nobody could unlock it on their own and palm likely won't provide any updates that an unlocker can be constructed from.

Sorry, the 800w is what it is and so you'd probably do better not to send your 800w to anybody who e-mails you. Not trying to tell you what to do with your device, but just letting you know anybody you give it too will likely do nothing but profit from it for themselves (selling it for their own profit or something).
    thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Brandizy, the Treo 800w was never "unlocked" (via Hard SPL) for anyone to ever be able to load a customized ROM onto it. No unlocker means no custom ROMs, ever.

The device was discontinued by Sprint, the only carrier to ever sell the device. Palm has removed the device from their main pages. Palm nixed their WM group. Inventec who was the ODM for the 800w was embroiled in scandal. So the odds of Palm providing a ROM update are about 0.01%.
    Just wondering about the comments in bold above....Are you referring to the WM group for the 800w or for all WM treos? That would suck if the later...

Also, still chugging along myself with the 800w...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    Just wondering about the comments in bold above....Are you referring to the WM group for the 800w or for all WM treos? That would suck if the later...

Also, still chugging along myself with the 800w...
    In order to cut costs and re-focus the company on WebOS, Palm has relegated their WM devices to outsourcing and "leveraging their partners" for faster time to market deliveries. This is for all Treos.

They've used Asus and HTC for this so far (500v and Treo Pro respectively).

They still have a WM team, but they are not designing the hardware and tweaking the sofftware as much as before. Still, Palm has direction and say over the device's aesthetics and feature requests. (In comparison to HTC's other offerings, you can see the finesse that was put into the Treo Pro by Palm)

The 800w was given the go when Palm was just starting to transition--hence the delays and problems. The Treo Pro is really the kick off of them outsourcing for WM. The 500v was more of an experiment to try and break into the Euro market.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    can i disable sprint provision service?thanks..
    can i have evdo with other carrier? for ejemple verison or iusacell in mexico
    why do yuo say us that?
    For ROM upgrading, please see below thread.
    h t t p : / / discussion.treocentral.com/treo-800w/203285-os-upgrade-treo-800w.html
    Hello

I know it may be hard to cook a custom rom on treo 800w, because it's NOT an HTC based device.

Now I get an image file(two files, one 'flash.bin' and the other 'loader_xxx.nb0' ) that can flash the OS via SD card, but the version of the image is windows mobile 6.1.

My question is that, can anyone cook upgrade it to 6.5 based on this image?

Thanks.

You guys may download the image file from rapidshare link as below.

h t t p ://rapidshare.com/files/280729436/treo800w.zip
    Quoted for nothing but to fix links.

Quote Originally Posted by MUDboy View Post
    For ROM upgrading, please see below thread.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...treo-800w.html
    Quote Originally Posted by MUDboy View Post
    Hello

I know it may be hard to cook a custom rom on treo 800w, because it's NOT an HTC based device.

Now I get an image file(two files, one 'flash.bin' and the other 'loader_xxx.nb0' ) that can flash the OS via SD card, but the version of the image is windows mobile 6.1.

My question is that, can anyone cook upgrade it to 6.5 based on this image?

Thanks.

You guys may download the image file from rapidshare link as below.

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I have searched many threads and this one made the most sence of the issue and problems. Has any one found a solution or did any one test the above? I might give it a shot as my 800w is no longer my primary device, but I figured I would ask first since its been a while since the last post.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123