Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    Hey folks, a few weeks ago I got a new 800w replacement from the Insurance Co., cause I dropped my last phone in the water. Of course 30 days pass, & now this new phone is out wack when charging. I connect it to the charger every night, in the morning the green light is on & fully charged. When I unplug it from the charger, battery is on its last 20%. It's been doing that lately, I can fully charge it, but seems if I leave it plugged in it drains, any ideas? BTW, I turn off the phone every night & use Task Manager to stop running all apps, thanks...
  2. #2  
    I'm sure you thought of this already but did you install all the Palm patches already (primarily the USB patch)?
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre
  3. #3  
    Bad battery perhaps? Have you tried using a different battery?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by kdbenoit View Post
    I'm sure you thought of this already but did you install all the Palm patches already (primarily the USB patch)?
    Funny thing is all the patches were the first thing I put on...and just added all my apps one by one since it was a new phone.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Bad battery perhaps? Have you tried using a different battery?
    Checked that too...no luck, batteries all charge up nicely. I'm glad I have the stand alone charger too, keeps fresh batteries ready for me.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  6. #6  
    So the 800w the insurance gave you is new right? You've got the 1 year warranty coverage for your problem. You should take it to Sprint and have them repair or replace it. (Palm directs 800w owners under warranty to Sprint for warranty services.) Which Sprint should do for you free of charge. If they refuse, you could take up the matter with Palm.
  7. #7  
    The only other thing I can suggest is to hard reset and see if it still has has the issue with the out of box config.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    So the 800w the insurance gave you is new right? You've got the 1 year warranty coverage for your problem. You should take it to Sprint and have them repair or replace it. (Palm directs 800w owners under warranty to Sprint for warranty services.) Which Sprint should do for you free of charge. If they refuse, you could take up the matter with Palm.
    Yes, brand new in the box, I new I'd have to Sprint, I'm just being lazy
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by kdbenoit View Post
    The only other thing I can suggest is to hard reset and see if it still has has the issue with the out of box config.
    That's my next move, tonight. Thanks ALL
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter

Posting Permissions