View Poll Results: For those interested in the Sprint Treo Pro: who's still buying?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • As soon as it is available

24 41.38%
  • Will wait until I see what early adopters say about final release

16 27.59%
  • I was interested, but all of the release confusion scared me off

5 8.62%
  • Forget the Pro, Iím waiting for the Pre

13 22.41%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I tested 800w and Touch Pro (Sprint) side by side an found GPS lag present in both occasionally and not present most of the time.

Most of what I read of lag seemed to be from verizon users before a fix and of Sprint users who were confusing performance on their dedicated devices which have compensating algorithms and lag present in all non compensating programs (like google maps). telnave was literally identical in multple tests I did.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I've never used the Treo Pro, but I've read the keyboard is similar to the Centro keyboard, but not exactly the Centro keyboard. I'm sure some Treo Pro owners could speak better to that. Assuming the Sprint Treo Pro has a similar keyboard.

(I touched a Centro keyboard once, just once and never desired to ever touch one again.)

If you get Sprint to replace your Touch Pro (and if you're having GPS issues perhaps you should) keep everything but the old device and battery cover. Just give Sprint the old device and battery cover. Keep the old stylus, old battery and everything else. Then, if you find the new replacement has battery life issues, at least you'll have 2 batteries . Do the exchange at the Sprint store in person and you'll be able to do it free of any hassles. If you do the exchange via mail, they ask for the battery back, as if they can refurbish batteries . But doing the exchange in person, the reps usually will exchange with you even if you don't give them the old battery.
    The keyboard scares me LOL...yeah i did that with my treo 800w and now have several batteries LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I tested 800w and Touch Pro (Sprint) side by side an found GPS lag present in both occasionally and not present most of the time.
    telnave was literally identical in multple tests I did.
    They're all (Treo 800w, Treo Pro, Touch Pro)
    • Using a Qualcomm chip
    • All running WM
    • All using the same nav program

They all should work pretty much identical and I think the Sprint Treo Pro will too, because the GPS program is not overly resource intensive when run alone. So it's not the kind of program where any differences in processor speed would reflect in the navigation software performance. The Sprint Treo Pro will have the SAME processor as the Sprint Touch Pro, running at the SAME speed.

I do hope some Sprint Treo Pro owners will participate in this benchmark thread. It will be interesting to see the Sprint Treo Pro processor numbers. They might even be better than the Touch Pro numbers given it runs on a device that has a smaller screen. Given it's the same processor the benchmark value should be similar, but if there's a difference I suspect the Sprint Treo Pro might show better numbers than the Sprint Touch Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    The keyboard scares me LOL...yeah i did that with my treo 800w and now have several batteries LOL
    You know by all reports it is virtually identical to the Pre keyboard?
    i am getting one on 16th my buddy works for sprint i get employee rate.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    How much are you getting it for?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    You know by all reports it is virtually identical to the Pre keyboard?
    Thanks for the info...I guess I will have to test it
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234