1.    #1  
    weird....last night at 3 AM my phone vibrates 3 short bursts to notify me of an incoming message..that MY PHONE SENT ITSELF???? It showed up as an outlook file .vcs I believe in a string of messages from a fellow salesperson. He didn't send it. It showed up in the string as from ME. I viewed the message so it wouldnt vibrate again....NO DICE. It was still showing the SMS\MMS count as 1 on the home screen. So I highlighted the item and deleted it. COUNT STAYS at 1.

I have soft reset, gone through every name in the SMS screen and clicked through to be sure nothing is unread.....YET THE COUNT REMAINS...

ANY IDEAS???
    Franklin Planner (Monarch Size)>Royal Organizer>years>>>Treo 650>Treo 680>Treo Pro>BB Bold>Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by tj$bags View Post
    weird....last night at 3 AM my phone vibrates 3 short bursts to notify me of an incoming message..that MY PHONE SENT ITSELF???? It showed up as an outlook file .vcs I believe in a string of messages from a fellow salesperson. He didn't send it. It showed up in the string as from ME. I viewed the message so it wouldnt vibrate again....NO DICE. It was still showing the SMS\MMS count as 1 on the home screen. So I highlighted the item and deleted it. COUNT STAYS at 1.

I have soft reset, gone through every name in the SMS screen and clicked through to be sure nothing is unread.....YET THE COUNT REMAINS...

ANY IDEAS???
    Did you try the "Clear SMS/MMS" option under Menu->Tools in the messaging application?
  3.    #3  
    No. that clears all messages. I don't want to clear all these discussions yet.
    I did go into my calender and deleted an item that was a conference call from an invite file from outlook. The message last night used those words in it.
    no luck.
    Franklin Planner (Monarch Size)>Royal Organizer>years>>>Treo 650>Treo 680>Treo Pro>BB Bold>Pre3
    Do a search for "fixunreadcount.exe" It is a program I found that got rid of a pesky ghost message that would not delete not even after a hard reset and hours with verizon tech support. It worked wonders. Good luck. I believe you can download the program at freewareppc.com.
    Sounds like a possesed SMS!
  6.    #6  
    Thanks JohnPalmer!

and yeah...it IS acting possessed.....just the oddest thing.
  7.    #7  
    hmmm.. loaded ..ran....didn't work.
    still there.
    Did you download the program into your phone and run the exe program from there? The only other suggestion I can make is to do a sprite back up, and select that you want to back up messages, then after back up, delete your messages. If this doesn't eliminate your ghost message, I am afraid a hard reset may be necessary. I found that keeping a copy of the sprite back up on my desktop along with all my other programs, which are in the storage card, will faciliate restoring your device to its current settings after a hard reset. Sorry the fixcount program didn't work.
  9.    #9  
    I cleared all the messages and it disappeared....who knows if the program got it or the delete....just glad its gone....so weird.
  10.    #10  
    I put it on my card and ran it from the card. It ran and it was like you said....not pretty, but it went through real quick and said it was done.

thanks for help.
    I just ran into this issue last night. Tried all the things above and none worked. Looks like I have to hard reset, unless if someone knows of a different fix
    Current Device: Treo Pro

Devices: Palm m100 -> Palm m505 -> Toshiba E330 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p ->Treo 700wx -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    I've had messages not clear previously- usually correct it by sending myself a message (email or SMS depending on which one won't clear)- once I mark the new message as read (or just open it) it clears the queue.
    Try it and good luck

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by marksr View Post
    I've had messages not clear previously- usually correct it by sending myself a message (email or SMS depending on which one won't clear)- once I mark the new message as read (or just open it) it clears the queue.
    Try it and good luck

Mark
    Mark...thanks, that worked. I tried everything else, but that. You would think it would add a second notification but it leaves it one. Weird but thanks for the info
    Current Device: Treo Pro

Devices: Palm m100 -> Palm m505 -> Toshiba E330 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p ->Treo 700wx -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    Mark...thanks, that worked. I tried everything else, but that. You would think it would add a second notification but it leaves it one. Weird but thanks for the info
    you're welcome

Mark
    theres not a regedit to fix this?