Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Jaggrey, I had the same results at first, being MUCH faster and more accurate on the previous device. Now that I have become accustomed to the Touch Pro key pad, it has evened up, though I still dislike the slider on it.
    yea I kinda got over the slider. The more I got annoyed with the phone in general the more the keyboard annoyed me by having to slide it out all the time. When the keyboard finally died on my first one I actually enjoyed using the on-screen one since I didn't have to slide it out just to type something.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    How is everyone's RAM situation? Do you have enough RAM to use the thing w/o having to close apps. everytime you're done using those apps.?
    Surprisingly it's been fine. I got one message yesterday while running Opera Mobile 9.5 cuz I had 2 or 3 tabs open with full pages, and Opera started complaining. I looked at Task Manager and I had 5 MB remaning! But everything was running fine.

Aside from Opera Mobile 9.5, the memory is pretty much a non-issue for me. I have my same apps open all the time without thinking about them and the phone is fine.
    Ouch. Was Opera the only thing running?
    No I had a bunch of other stuff open. Email / text messages, Word Mobile, OneNote, maybe Google Maps... don't really remember. I do know that once I closed Opera Mobile it freed up about 30 MB of RAM... went from about 5 MB free to 35 MB free.
    I have owned a Treo 650, 700P, 700WX, 755P and a Centro in the past so I'm used to Treo keyboards, but it has been awhile. I just can't get used to the Treo Pro.'s keyboard and I hate that it doesn't have a dedicated row for the numbers.

I haven't really used it yet since I'm not sure I'm going to keep it. Is there a KeyCaps like program for this?
    Just dive in with both feet and try it! It was a lil different at first but in less than a day I was already flying with it. I might try it back to back with my girlfriend's 755p to see if it's a big adjustment (or have her try mine) but the learning curve was surprisingly small for me.
    Not that I would advise anyone to make a purchase decision based off this, but for you who have the Touch Pro, Rhodium comes to the Touch Pro this weekend!!!

XBmod Manila Rhodium port
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Not that I would advise anyone to make a purchase decision based off this, but for you who have the Touch Pro, Rhodium comes to the Touch Pro this weekend!!!

XBmod Manila Rhodium port
    That's cool but the selling point for Rhodium for me is the bigger screen and improved speakerphone. The Touch Pro screen was just too small for me (for that device with a full keyboard).

I'm looking forward to the Touch Pro2.
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
    This is my 4th smartphone with front-facing KB and will probably be my last. If I can get used to typing on the TP's cramped little KB, then I'm sure I can adjust to a software KB.
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousyellow View Post
    This is my 4th smartphone with front-facing KB and will probably be my last. If I can get used to typing on the TP's cramped little KB, then I'm sure I can adjust to a software KB.
    It does not work for everybody, but I was surprised how fast I adapted to the full soft qwerty on the Touch Pro. I think it's best to try a few of the various soft keyboards that are out there. I like SPB Keyboard best, but it's not as popular as some others, such as TouchPal. So different soft keyboards works for different people. Then there is Resco's soft keyboard and I think there are others out there too. The stock soft keyboard is pretty good too. I think the Rhodium port also has a new soft keyboard.

That's one thing I'm enjoying about the Touch Pro. So many ways to change the user interface. Not a lot of fixed keys on the front, so the front interface is adjustable.

The Treo 800w was my 4th smartphone with a front facing keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    I haven't really used it yet since I'm not sure I'm going to keep it. Is there a KeyCaps like program for this?
    I never used KeyCaps, but I've heard people say MagiKB Lite is similar.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    From Post #1, how would it compare to the HTC Touch Pro 2 coming out end of summer?

It look like an iphone with keypad.

But I dont know if WM6.* will scroll or roll smoothly like iphone does.

I'll give this phone a shot when it comes out.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I gotta say, I had a Touch Pro for about a week. I couldn't stand the bulkiness, lack of 1-handed operation, battery life, and (mostly) the extreme sluggishness. Couldn't take it, and went back to my 755p.

I've had the Treo Pro for a day, and it is light years better than the Touch Pro. Easiest transition to WM than I've ever had.
    I, too, am a former Touch Pro user. I don't really have anything new to offer to the conversation I LOVE the screen and LOVE the camera, enjoy the accelerometer's apps, but that's about it. I dislike the bulkiness, dont like sliding out the keyboard, hate the short battery life, but probably most of all I couldn't frickin' STAND the up/down/left/right controls, specifically the left/right. I'll be honest, I still don't understand where exactly the left/right buttons are. More than half the time when I went to press left or right, i would press Home, Green button, etc.

I still pray that someday my dream device is made (basically a combination of these 2 devices: a treo pro's physical size (width and thickness), but taller with the diamond/touch pro's 640x480 screen, accelerometer, camera, etc., and maybe the 800w's keyboard) hey, i can dream can't i?
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
    I'm on the Touch Pro. still and am using MightyMike's latest ROM. The Touch Pro. is fast with this ROM and I get better battery life since MightyMike added a couple of battery tweaks / enhancements to his ROM.

I hope you Treo Pro. people get as many custom ROMs as us Touch Pro. people.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I never used KeyCaps, but I've heard people say MagiKB Lite is similar.
    That's what I'm using and it works great.
    With a little tweaking the Touch Pro with the stock Sprint ROM goes fast and there are tweaks for the stock ROM to improve battery life too. But not trying to take anything away from MightyMike's good work. He and the other Touch Pro ROM cooks are doing some great work.

I do hope the Treo Pro crowd gets some custom ROMs.
    I'm a former Treo junkie, and recently made the transition to the Touch Pro. I made some simple tweaks to improve both speed and battery life, and have resisted the urge to try non-stock ROM's. I find it to be very enjoyable to use - not quite as one-handed, but worth it for me, if for no other reason than watching video on the larger screen.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    I agree with you on the transition. In between the 800W and the Centros, I had 3 other WM slider phones and hated each one, kept going back to the Centro. When the 800W came out, I was very impressed with the transition. Just wish I was not one of those having problems with the 800W. The Treo Pro looks interesting, but for now the Touch Pro is what I will stay with.

I also have made the normal tweaks and am a satisfied user of the stock Sprint ROM.

Quote Originally Posted by bopgun View Post
    I gotta say, I had a Touch Pro for about a week. I couldn't stand the bulkiness, lack of 1-handed operation, battery life, and (mostly) the extreme sluggishness. Couldn't take it, and went back to my 755p.

I've had the Treo Pro for a day, and it is light years better than the Touch Pro. Easiest transition to WM than I've ever had.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast