Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I had a Touch Pro for 30 days and returned it. Waiting on the Sprint Treo Pro. After 4 Treos, could not deal with the slider keyboard - I was simply less efficient than with my Treos.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    I think a better comparison would be the GSM Treo Pro and the i-Mate 8502.

I know, I know.... i-Mate????!!!??? Yeah, it is a crummy company and is constantly on the brink of annihilation (hmmm... not so dis-similar then ), but the two phones are remarkably close both physically and featurewise.

The i-Mate sports only WM 6.0 out of the box, but a free upgrade to 6.1 is available off the i-mate site. It also has a portrait 2.6" screen (not flush) as opposed to the Treo's square 2.5". Other than that the playing fields are very similar. Dimensions are: i-Mate 116 x 55 x 15 and the Treo 113 x 60 x 14, so hardly anything in it.

The only reason I mention it is my brother has one sitting in a drawer unused. I'm picking it up and giving it a trial run for a few days to see how they compare.

Oh, and of course the i-Mate solves my one-and-only gripe with the GSM Treo Pro... it uses standard mini-USB
    Last edited by Simsim; 03/09/2009 at 01:53 PM.
    I pointed out to you the moon and the stars, and all you saw was my fingertip.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    No US carrier in USA carry the i-Mate.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    No US carrier in USA carry the i-Mate.
    Oh really? Shame.

Anyway, I know the company is in deep doo-doo and has taken itself off the AIM (equivalent of a small-scale NASDAQ in the UK) and back into the private hands of its Chairman. So I guess the chances of locating agents/distributors and service centres are slim to none.

So only those who do not expect to ever require 'help' from the manufacturer should venture down this road!
    I pointed out to you the moon and the stars, and all you saw was my fingertip.
    The Touch Pro. has a huge custom ROM community at PPCGeeks and I really like having different ROM options.

How much RAM (to run programs) does the Treo Pro. have compared to the Touch Pro.?
    around 60 or 70 MB on the Treo Pro compared to 200 MB on the Touch Pro.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Wow, was considering the Treo Pro., but not anymore.
    Well considering the Touch Pro has all that RAM cuz of TouchFlo. I would like to try the Treo Pro with my normal use and see how sufficient the RAM is. Seems many that have used it haven't had a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    Palm sent me a Sprint Treo Pro for review today. According to the memory info in "Settings":
    Storage:
    Total: 339.36 MB
    In Use: 22.26 MB
    Free: 317.10 MB

Program:
    Total 80.54 MB
    In use: 35.02 MB
    Free: 45.52 MB

I haven't installed any apps, and these results are after a reset.
    Here's what my Sprint HTC Touch Pro is using. It's loaded up with applications and I'm running the TF3D HD Port. So the "in use" numbers for a brand new and fresh out of the box Sprint Touch Pro would be somewhere lower than mine and the free values higher.

Storage:
    Total: 327.90 MB (Edit, earlier I mistakenly transposed number and had 372.90.)
    In use: 140.32 MB
    Free: 187.57 MB

Program:
    Total: 203.24 MB
    In use: 75.01 MB
    Free: 128.23 MB

IsLNdbOi, just wait till the TF3D 2 custom ROMs are released, that's going to be sweet! (There's already a GSM Preview ROM out.)
    Last edited by darnell; 03/15/2009 at 06:01 PM.
    I can't wait until MightyMike releases a ROM with TF3D2.
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Here's what my Sprint HTC Touch Pro is using. It's loaded up with applications and I'm running the TF3D HD Port. So the "in use" numbers for a brand new and fresh out of the box Sprint Touch Pro would be somewhere lower than mine and the free values higher.

Storage:
    Total: 372.90 MB
    In use: 140.32 MB
    Free: 187.57 MB

Program:
    Total: 203.24 MB
    In use: 75.01 MB
    Free: 128.23 MB

IsLNdbOi, just wait till the TF3D 2 custom ROMs are released, that's going to be sweet! (There's already a GSM Preview ROM out.)
    I have my Touch Pro stock right now, as I need to swap it out today at the Sprint store for a transmitter/radio problem. Those numbers are close to mine.

Program = 203.24 - 63.45 - 139.79

I did have my Treo Pro locked up on me while listening to mp3s using WMP this morning. My 700wx was the most stable WM device, so I am not to worried about the memory.
    Sprint is exchanging my Touch Pro. with a Treo Pro.. I'm going to try out the Treo Pro. for a week or two and see if I'm going to keep it or go back to the Touch Pro..

I've began using my phone alot at work and now miss the front, exposed keyboard of the Treo.

Now, I just need to find a nice, slim horizontal case...
    Here is my Touch Pro numbers.

ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Yea, the total Storage on the Sprint Touch Pro is 327.90. I mistakenly transposed numbers in my earlier comment, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Sprint is exchanging my Touch Pro. with a Treo Pro.. I'm going to try out the Treo Pro. for a week or two and see if I'm going to keep it or go back to the Touch Pro..
    How'd you do that?
    I just explained to the ecare agent that it's difficult to use the Touch Pro. at work since it requires two hands to type on it.

Got my Treo Pro. yesterday and I'm going to return it and get a Touch Pro. again.

The Treo Pro.'s keyboard sucks. It's too tiny and the keys are grippy. I was ok with the Centro keyboard and I think its keyboard is smaller than the Treo Pro.'s.
    I just explained to the ecare agent that it's difficult to use the Touch Pro. at work since it requires two hands to type on it.

Got my Treo Pro. yesterday and I'm going to return it and get a Touch Pro. again.

The Treo Pro.'s keyboard sucks. It's too tiny and the keys are grippy. I was ok with the Centro keyboard and I think its keyboard is smaller than the Treo Pro.'s.
    I use soft qwerty keyboards, which allow for one handed use of the Touch Pro.

Maybe you'll get used to the Treo Pro keyboard?

Really? I've already noticed that I type much faster now with the Treo Pro keyboard than I ever did with the Touch Pro. Maybe it's cuz I've had a Treo before.
    Jaggrey, I had the same results at first, being MUCH faster and more accurate on the previous device. Now that I have become accustomed to the Touch Pro key pad, it has evened up, though I still dislike the slider on it.
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    Really? I've already noticed that I type much faster now with the Treo Pro keyboard than I ever did with the Touch Pro. Maybe it's cuz I've had a Treo before.
    Same here, and I have chunky fingers too.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast