Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    just found out from an internal sources like 4 phones launch on 3*15

moto 19
    rumor 2
    treo pro
    EOL for instinct is april and curve is march2??
    My guy, now a regional manager, just gave me what he called date of March 11 soft launch and that makes sense with what you got for hard launch.

What I was impressed with was the special emphasis on Pros' GPS advantage over the 800w.

Read out some of the material the salesmen get and it had a special emphasis from Sprint on Treo's GPS capabilities over the 800w:
    The Treo Pro supports Assisted GPS and is also capable of Autonomous GPS. This means the Treo Pro is capable of acquiring a GPS signal even when you are not on the Sprint Network.
    Those bold are Sprint's, not mine. Wow. Sprint is making a big deal of the standalone GPS after the 800w complaints.

His take was they had problems because even at $99 the 800w was moving like a "dog" and was still piled in inventory. Apparently there is significant pent up corporate demand for the Pro, for them the problems of the 800w are not worth it because internal support is costly.

Anyway, the problem for Sprint with 800w was the universally excellent reviews the Pro got on the major sites,and then all the problems the 800w had and the relatively few problems with the Pro.

After the problems wit the 800w, they want a Palm out there with a good name before they launch the Pre.

Good news!
    I went into my local store and they now have sales material for the STP and pulled the 800w from its display. There is no actual display model yet for the STP but i don't see this taking very long if there is an actual launch date in mind
    Powah to the Headset Jockeys!
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    My guy, now a regional manager, just gave me what he called date of March 11 soft launch and that makes sense with what you got for hard launch.

What I was impressed with was the special emphasis on Pros' GPS advantage over the 800w.

Read out some of the material the salesmen get and it had a special emphasis from Sprint on Treo's GPS capabilities over the 800w:

Those bold are Sprint's, not mine. Wow. Sprint is making a big deal of the standalone GPS after the 800w complaints.

His take was they had problems because even at $99 the 800w was moving like a "dog" and was still piled in inventory. Apparently there is significant pent up corporate demand for the Pro, for them the problems of the 800w are not worth it because internal support is costly.

Anyway, the problem for Sprint with 800w was the universally excellent reviews the Pro got on the major sites,and then all the problems the 800w had and the relatively few problems with the Pro.

After the problems wit the 800w, they want a Palm out there with a good name before they launch the Pre.

Good news!

Did your guy shed any light on specific reason(s) on what was fixed on the Pro?
    right on. i hope they get it right this time. any word on the memory? IE6 still there or removed?

i heard from a friend in sprint that the lack of memory was with IE6 and that they were thinking about removing IE6 since adding memory was harder. just hear say to him and from him.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay View Post
    Did your guy shed any light on specific reason(s) on what was fixed on the Pro?
    No and believe me I asked! I heard from ADS back in January that issue was "operating system related" I dont think even regional product people would be in the loopas to specifics and frankly I don't care about getting a half answer anymore as it is the first thing I will check on physical device or hear from someone trustworthy here if they get their mitts on one first...

On the other phones on the 11th, said Motorola i9 and Motorola i580 in a new color. didn't hear rumor 2 but wasn't really paying attention for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i heard from a friend in sprint that the lack of memory was with IE6 and that they were thinking about removing IE6 since adding memory was harder. just hear say to him and from him.
    yeah that maybe it; or the rumor that the memory was all there but not be recognized by WM due to chip configuration; or the speculation that iw6 had some kind of hogging cache. or something not related to anything we guessed or heard
    Yeah, the Rumor2, with the Rumor going EOL. The Instinct isn't going EOL in April, just the "limited edition" pink variant.
    I'll take that as confirmed!
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Absolutly 100% ..

until we find out about another setback.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I'd cross my fingers for the STP on the 15th, but don't be disappointed if it's not out. I'm just saying, I have very little faith right now. Maybe it's unfounded, maybe it's a bit of my marketing background, maybe I'm just a pessimist.
    Quote Originally Posted by entropism View Post
    I'd cross my fingers for the STP on the 15th, but don't be disappointed if it's not out. I'm just saying, I have very little faith right now. Maybe it's unfounded, maybe it's a bit of my marketing background, maybe I'm just a pessimist.
    At this rate the GSM TP will be out a year before the STP version.
    Maybe we can get some updates on our "ancient" GSM versions by the time this thing comes out? Should be on WM 8.0 by then right? Maybe it will come with a built in Ray Gun for the invading aliens by then too? LOL
    My father was a drunk, a gambler and a womanizer. I worshipped him.-Travolta
    There's a couple guys over at SU that have it already. They got it from Best Buy, in my area actually. I'd get it but I don't have the money to pay full price! They haven't posted pics or anything yet, sooooooo... we'll see the validity soon enough.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    How is that Bell in Canada has figured out how to get the CDMA Treo Pro to their customers?

Sprint has really screwed this one up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    There's a couple guys over at SU that have it already. They got it from Best Buy, in my area actually. I'd get it but I don't have the money to pay full price! They haven't posted pics or anything yet, sooooooo... we'll see the validity soon enough.
    Posted pics yet? They posted pictures back in January!

Those were the few phones that Best buy sold by mistake in January before the were recalled for a fix.

Malatesta here bought one in January and did a full review here of the same early pre-recall model!
    Quote Originally Posted by msglsmo View Post
    How is that Bell in Canada has figured out how to get the CDMA Treo Pro to their customers?
    Sprint has really screwed this one up.
    No one has one from Bell Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Posted pics yet? They posted pictures back in January!

Those were the few phones that Best buy sold by mistake in January before the were recalled for a fix.

Malatesta here bought one in January and did a full review here of the same early pre-recall model!
    Who are you referring to? The posts that I was referring to were dated yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    Who are you referring to? The posts that I was referring to were dated yesterday.
    From a guy with a zero history of posts before making that claim.

He bought one of the models from one of the recalled models that managed to stay in store.
    That wouldn't surprise me.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJKRAMER View Post
    At this rate the GSM TP will be out a year before the STP version.
    This is Sprint we're talking about. They just released the Samsung Ace last year which was comparable to the Blackjack I. It's unfotuate, but the price I'm willing to pay for my SERO account.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast