Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Is there a way to reasign the internet key (on the bottom right of the screen) to load Opera Mobile instead of IE?
    Quote Originally Posted by AshDOG View Post
    Is there a way to reasign the internet key (on the bottom right of the screen) to load Opera Mobile instead of IE?
    There is actually, but you will need to make some changes in the registry. It is not difficult but you should know what you are doing, because making the wrong changes in the registry can cause your device to stop working properly.

However, using a registry editor you need to go to the following key:

HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Today/Keys/112 or 113 (112 is left softkey, 113 is right softkey)

Under this key you will find two items: "(default)" and "Open". The value of the item (default) determines the text that you read under the softkey. For example, out of the box it reads "Contacts" as the left softkey is linked to the contacts by default. You can change it to any text, for example to Opera. However, this does not change the actual behavior of the key, only the text.

The value under "Open" is the actual shortcut to the program. You will need to change the shortcut to Opera in order to make the softkey launch Opera.

Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Thanks! I can't wait to try this out.

Kind of wish Palm would have just included Opera as default like HTC did with the Touch Pro.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Is this browser good?

It can zoom in and out on a regular webpage?

100% working?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I downloaded the latest beta version and haven't had any problems. I do exit out of the program via it's button and not the top x "close" button in windows. As I have heard that it's caused issued with the beta.

It's 100x better than the built in IE browser.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Yes, Opera can zoom in and out of a page. I like it.
    What is the easiest way to get opera on the Pro?
    Treo 700p, Palm Centro, Treo 700p (again), Treo Pro
    I downloaded opera mobile from their website. It gives you a choice when you install it to make it the default browser.
    I can do this directly from the Pro?
    Quote Originally Posted by AshDOG View Post
    I have the default browser setting set in Opera and it opens from the internet key. Did nothing special. Although certain things still open up IE. Works great otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by short bus View Post
    I have the default browser setting set in Opera and it opens from the internet key. Did nothing special. Although certain things still open up IE. Works great otherwise.
    I don't see this as an option, how do I get to it?
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    From Opera Browser: Menu>Tools>Settings>Misc>Set Opera as default browser.
    This worked on my Touch.
    Terry