1.    #1  
    What is the best way to send pictures via text messaging using the Sprint 700wx? I have a friend with a Nextel i880 and I'd like to be able to exchange pics. I've read several threads and am confused on what is the best way to accomplish this? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    i dont think its possible my friend, i have been trying to look that up too and the oly way u can is with a data plan from ur provider.
    If you have a data plan, use the official Sprint PictureMail software for Windows mobile.

Go here on your phone: Sprint Store (or from the sprint homepage on your phone, go to the software store)

It will require you to have a data plan to send/receive pictures, but your friend will receive the picture in a txt message/mms so he doesn't necessarily have to have a data plan (assuming Nextel uses MMS like everyone else and not something else like Sprint does)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    If you have a data plan, use the official Sprint PictureMail software for Windows mobile.

Go here on your phone: Sprint Store (or from the sprint homepage on your phone, go to the software store)

It will require you to have a data plan to send/receive pictures, but your friend will receive the picture in a txt message/mms so he doesn't necessarily have to have a data plan (assuming Nextel uses MMS like everyone else and not something else like Sprint does)

I have a data plan (I have one of the old SERO plans with unlimited text/data/messages). The app you are referring to is not compatible with the 700wx and isn't even listed for anything other than the 800w. I'm using a 755p to send pictures now. The Nextel i880 is fully SMS/MMS compatible, doesn't require a data plan, only requires a text messaging plan. In fact, Nextel has a 500 character limit on SMS/MMS, not 160 like everyone else.

I just know there were some discussion with regards to this over the years, and wondered if anyone had finally gotten it to work consistently.
    Last edited by ivhs72; 03/02/2009 at 12:28 PM.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Treo 700wx,755p,Htc Diamond...
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    The sMMS app is better for Sprint devices. Look here..sMMS Picture Mail Composer - PPCGeeks
    "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway

I've sent pictures from my Verizon Work Phone (Motorola Razor) by texting to my hotmail account rather than to my phone number and it works. Then I can check it with hotmail on my Alltel Treo 700wx.
    And usually there will be a email adress attached to the verizon phone that sent the message and sometimes you can send things back.