1.    #1  
    I've noticed that some people here have used NYDITOT's Virtual Display to resize their Treo Pro's screen to a different resolution. I have an application (actually, it's a videogame emulator which runs at a lower resolution), so I'm wondering if I can use Virtual Display to resize the Pro's display to 320x240? I'd like to do this so that the entire screen is filled up (rather than having black bars on the bottom and top of the emulator when it's running at 320x240 on a 320x320 screen).

How exactly does VD work? Can I use VD to resize the resolution just for one particular application, or does it affect the entire device? Do I need to soft-reset the device before/after each use of VD?

Thanks in advance!
  2.    #2  
    bump...anyone?
    Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    Which better? NYDITOT vs RealVGA

I installed RealVGA, but now I just saw NYDITOT and it seems very interesting.
    What's the difference?
    I am familiar with realvga, however, I glanced at the other program you mentioned. The other program costs $19.95, realvga is freeware. The other program ostensibly allows you to customize your resolution a lot more than just 96dpi and 128 dpi, which I believe are the only resolution options on realvga. I don't think there is any difference in the 320x320 96dpi resolution between the two programs. Since the other program offers a trial, download it and report back if you see any noticeable differences. I am mildly curious.
    NYDITOT does not say it supports Windows Mobile 6.1. In fact, I think the newest OS they list is WinMo 2003.
    Has anyone tested Nyditot with a Treo Pro? If I can get PocketGBA working on a Treo Pro, and the buttons work decently, I might have to ebay my Touch Pro, specially after reading Mal's GLOWING extended battery review today.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Has anyone tested Nyditot with a Treo Pro? If I can get PocketGBA working on a Treo Pro, and the buttons work decently, I might have to ebay my Touch Pro, specially after reading Mal's GLOWING extended battery review today.

I tried Nyditot on the 800w... it did not work there. Didn't bother on the Pro. RealVGA is about switching DPI (and associated resource files, i.e system icons and stuff). While I cannot be positive, my knee jerk thought is Nyditot wont work on the pro either.
    i got a sprint treo pro and it froze my phone when i reset had to hard reset dont bother