1.    #1  
    I got a Treo 800w shortly after it's launch. And of course, I had all the typical issues such as battery life and charger issues. About 3 months ago, I was trying to connect to my PC, and Bluetooth would not work at all. Thinking the problem was just intermittent, I pull the battery out to soft reset. Palm logo comes up... then... nothing. Great, time to hard reset. Repeated holding the required buttons and bam, blue screen with 7 dots. Dead.

A few days ago, I took it in and got it replaced, for free even (Which is why I won't leave Sprint ), and the Treo I got back seems to be much sturdier. The stylus is still a tad flexible, but not as much. The screen seems to be more responsive, and the system overall is faster (Very rarely, even with word suggest on, do I get lag of any sort).

Signs of a slightly corrected Treo? All I know is I fell in love with the 800w all over again
    Perhaps this one has the latest firmware and your old one didn't?

Many times on Palm devices there is a Revision number behind the battery. Sometimes like Rev 1 or Rev B.

I don't see anything like that on mine though... do you?
  3. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    800w in general is snappier than most WinMo devices.
    I noticed that the phone is really fast after doing the hard reset.
    It gets slower with each installed application.

Your phone might have some mechanical issue.
    If it is faster than say existing 800w ( with no apps installed) then I would believe someone at PALM is tweaking. But its hard to believe when the product is being discontinued.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I did notice on my first 800w by switching the ringer off toward the right, there is no red bar on it.

Now my refurb has it.

2nd generation 800w?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    I did notice on my first 800w by switching the ringer off toward the right, there is no red bar on it.

Now my refurb has it.

2nd generation 800w?
    I got mine a few days before it was officially released. It has always had the red bar as far as I know.

Sounds like the OP just had a lemon.