Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    The stylus looks little... how is it?
    it's little.
    It isn't bad, it works for the few times I use it.
    Think "mini-golf" pencil. It's exactly like using one of those.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I only ever use it for the occasional soft reset. It does that fine but it feels OK in the hand for other tasks if you want to use it.
    The stylus is small for sure.

Fragile too, the head broke off about a week ago. Fortunately OEM spares are cheap on eBay, now I have 2 spares again
    i like it alot. is is basicly the same stylus that came with the vouge (htc's original touch 6900). when i had the mobul i found no need to expand the stylus and got use to using the small stylus. the tp and vouge stylus is a little longer and is metal. like a stylus should be. unlike the centro/800w stylus made of flimbs plastic.

you'll be amazed at how well you'll get use to it. with an open mind and time, you'll wounder why they make them so long on other devices.

the only thing i didn't like was it was hard to pull out and put back it. it didn't have a magnet like the newer htc devices. maybe with time that will get smoother as well.

remember, palm treos try to get away from the need of a stylus. unlike normal (other) wm pda's you dont really have to use it.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
  7. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    I rarely used the stylus, the occassional soft reset mostly. The size was fine for that but the tip broke off and I bought a couple of spares.
    Please Visit My Other Hangout
    Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Palm Treo 750 > Palm Treo Pro > BB 9700.
    Quote Originally Posted by insol View Post
    The stylus looks little... how is it?
    I have slender hands & it's thin for me. I use the stylus -- some things are just too small for finger use. Not being one for carrying a pocketful of pens, pencils & stylii, I looked for one that would function with pen tip on one end & stylus on the other. I ended up getting the Fisher Bullet Space Pen Stylus at StylusCentral. Definitely "meatier than the included stylus. :-) It's comfortable in the hand & does what I was looking for -- pen tip on one end & stylus in the cap on the other end.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i like it alot. is is basicly the same stylus that came with the vouge (htc's original touch 6900). when i had the mobul i found no need to expand the stylus and got use to using the small stylus. the tp and vouge stylus is a little longer and is metal. like a stylus should be. unlike the centro/800w stylus made of flimbs plastic.
    That's good I had a 6900... and while the stylus was small, it was metal and did not feel too bad.
    The stylus is small and took a little getting used to from previous styli (such as the 680), but you use it so rarely that it's definitely not something to hold against the TP. It's a great phone (with pretty decent one handed navigation without the stylus).
    I hardly use the Treo Pro's stylus. It is small and inconvient. That being said, I have used it a handful of times and the top plastic part came off the metal part. Very poor construction if you ask me. Overall the Treo Pro is a good phone but the construction or build quality is subpar (look up cracking issue as well).
    I rarely use the stylus. I always carry a ball point pen and use it (with the nib retracted).

Gary
    I like the stylus. I use it for my T|X and don't like the T|X's anymore. Feels too thick.
    Treo Pro ROCKS! I am a lucky one to have one. XPS M1730s ROCK!! (I wish I had one!) My laptop ROCKS! (Even though it isn't an M1730)
    Quote Originally Posted by GMul View Post
    I rarely use the stylus. I always carry a ball point pen and use it (with the nib retracted).

Gary
    I agree with GAry. I rarely ever use the stylus, but often will just use a retacted pen nub when I do since I usually have one in hand or handy during those occasions.

As a side note, I had issues with the stylus placement when I first got the TP but now like it better there and it is so natural to grab it there. I even reach to get it on the bottom when I play with my older Treos and always give a "frustrated huff" when it is not there but on top. LOL
    My father was a drunk, a gambler and a womanizer. I worshipped him.-Travolta
    I think the stylus is OK - I use it from time to time. I wish HTC had included the magnetic feature from the Touch Pro on the Treo Pro. The stylus doesn't seem as solid as the one on the Touch Pro - I picked up a few extras just in case it breaks.
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
    I just got 3 Seidio pen/styli and I like them a lot. As a pen they are for emergency use only but that is what I carry it for anyway. Because it is so small the weight difference in so negligible. I also tend to only use it for Remote desktop/MochaVNC and a reset pin.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    I just got 3 Seidio pen/styli and I like them a lot. As a pen they are for emergency use only but that is what I carry it for anyway. Because it is so small the weight difference in so negligible. I also tend to only use it for Remote desktop/MochaVNC and a reset pin.
    One of my past Treos came with a pen stylus. I loved it!! I think it was my first 650? Anyone?
    My father was a drunk, a gambler and a womanizer. I worshipped him.-Travolta