1.    #1  
    Well, it's about time, the screen on my 680 cracked, so I finally had that final push to get the pro...I love it. THe switch to windows mobile was not nearly as difficult as I had anticipated, probably thanks to the information on here.

One initial question though I have deals with syncing...I currently am using an exchange server (email, contacts, calendar, tasks). So when I use the Windows Mobile Device center (vista) do I uncheck those outlook items in the content sync settings?

I want to sync outlook notes and pics, docs, etc. but dont want to be redundant with the other outlook items since they sync wirelessly via exchange. Hope this makes sense. I just dont understand the relationship with Mobile Device center and exchange.
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    You mean you got the GSM one right?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Makes sense Styx.
    Your exchange server has no relation to the WMDC, so your approach looks right to me.

Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Styxxx View Post
    Well, it's about time, the screen on my 680 cracked, so I finally had that final push to get the pro...I love it. THe switch to windows mobile was not nearly as difficult as I had anticipated, probably thanks to the information on here.

One initial question though I have deals with syncing...I currently am using an exchange server (email, contacts, calendar, tasks). So when I use the Windows Mobile Device center (vista) do I uncheck those outlook items in the content sync settings?

I want to sync outlook notes and pics, docs, etc. but dont want to be redundant with the other outlook items since they sync wirelessly via exchange. Hope this makes sense. I just dont understand the relationship with Mobile Device center and exchange.
    Thanks
    Mobile Device Center is for syncing between the device and your computer. You are correct - just uncheck the items in WMDC that you are already getting by syncing with your Exchange server.
  5.    #5  
    And yes I'm on GSM with ATT, so far so, good. The other concern was the messeging alerts. But the little icons on the screensaver are visible, and my center button does blink for visibility at night. I know that's a little off topic, but a question that's been on here before.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    When this thing breaks, you sent it back to Palm?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    That wasn't very optimistic was it?
    I don't think any of us with GSM TP's have had any real issues beyond the initial cracks and some minor dust. Right?
    My father was a drunk, a gambler and a womanizer. I worshipped him.-Travolta
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    If your Vista PC syncs to the same Outlook Exchange server then you should not uncheck them because they will all sync to the same place.
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Yes, when Unlocked GSM Palm Treo Pros break under warranty, the buyer deals directly with Palm. If you get a Sprint Treo Pro Chong67, you'll be told to first deal with Sprint if you have issues with it, just like with your 800w. For unlocked devices (no carrier branding), the first line of service is the manufacturer, for carrier branded devices the first line of service is your carrier.

Styxxx probably has an issue that can be resolved without warranty repair/replacement.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I did a research on this about returning phone.

I am with Sprint so I have to return my phone to Sprint. I cant return to Palm. Why? They even say on Palm website to return the phone to Sprint.

Here is how I do my math.

$7 a mth x 12 = $84 a year.

I can get a new 800w for $250 on ebay if you dont buy in a hurry. (Good things comes to whose who wait.)

When 11 months is almost up, sell it back on ebay and take that money and get another new phone. You can sell a used 800w for $150 on ebay these days.

You get a new phone ever year. With Sprint you always get a refurb phone.

The above works only if you dont buy $7 per month from Sprint. But let say your phone died while under warranty. Palm will not fix it and it cost more to fix at Sprint.

So how?
    Last edited by chong67; 02/22/2009 at 04:25 PM.
    talk about hijacking a thread...chong hear tp and freaks out. lol.

you dont want to uncheck the items in wmdc. this will disable them from syncing. infact, they should be greyed out wo that they are seperated. you should have set up the exchange out side of wmdc therefore the wmcd would be just for your notes, favorites, files, ect.

as for the message alerts... go to start/settings/sounds and notifications. there is adjustments there for everything from email alerts to calendar alerts.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
  12.    #12  
    I realized that I should not have unchecked the boxes in MDC. When I did it took everything (PIM) off the treo. I did back everything up, so all good. Resynced with exchange, now just have to go in to MDC and make sure it's all set up again.

Just some confusion with transitioning from palm and hotsync to windows mobile.

regarding the other topic started here, I am a bit concerned about these cracking issues. I read about them before purchasing, but we'll see ho wit goes. I bought from a third party and have the manufacturer's warranty.
    Styxxx - Good to hear your problem may be resolved.

Chong67, you can return to Palm directly, they just seek to have you return to Sprint and make it much easier to reach Sprint instead. People have returned their 800w to Palm directly for repair or replacement, usually Palm just replaces them. I can't tell you if you'd get a refurb or new. Personally, I had Palm give me a full refund of my purchase price because I found the 800w to be flawed and improperly advertised. (I had 2 and I think you're on about your 4th, I didn't want to go past 2.)

If you want to return to Palm for repair/replacement, you'll have to hunt around to see how to accomplish that. It's doable, you have to be persistent though. Someone in the 800w forum once said how they did it.

If you want a full refund, that's something I rather address with folks in private, because I prefer explaining that one on one only with people who are truly seeking to get a full refund for their 800w because of real problems. So if you want a refund PM me or e-mail me at darnell2009 [put an at symbol right here] hushmail.com.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Sorry for the hijack thread. I am on my third 800w.

The orignal is already long gone.

I can return to Palm if I get a 800w?

Next time then.

Maybe I will do that when I get my new Pro.

Thanks!