1.    #1  
    I've done a bunch of searches, but have come up empty. There are a bunch of full feature launchers, today screen replacements, etc. But what I'm looking for is the ability to manage my tasks better than the built-in. I don't want a lot (I think), just to be able to sort to 2 levels and use categories. I tried PB for this, but didn't want to put up with the other features just to get a somewhat better handling of tasks.

My "ideal" would be to be able to move an email into a task (complete with the body of the email going into the notes portion of the task), but I know this is asking too much of Mobile Outlook.

Anyone know of a good, simple, task management program which uses the Active Sync tasks?
  2. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    I use TodayAgends. I am not sure if it will meet your requirements but it is definitely better than the built-in one.

Maybe give it a try.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, Charlyee, for the recommendation. I installed it and it appears a nice simple utility for displaying tasks and calendar events on the today screen. But unless I'm missing something (entirely possible), it doesn't allow categorization of the tasks or two levels of sorting (e.g. due date & priority).
    I must be missing something because Poutlook can do all of that.

All you have to do is in the email ap tap anywhere and hold the stylus for a second then select "select all".

Now tap anywhere in the email again and hold down the stylus for a second and select copy.

Now switch to the tasks application (which for me is just option+Calander button). Now select Menu->New Task->Notes
    Menu->Paste

You can easily sort the tasks by selecting Menu->Sort By->Priority the select Menu-Sort By-> Date.

Now you tasks are sorted by Date first and Priority second. It will always remember the last sort selected so if you want to sort by 2 different conditions just do one first and then the other.

It sounds like a lot of steps but in reality it can be done in a split second once you are fluent moving around in WM.

Hope it helps
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I must be missing something because Poutlook can do all of that.

All you have to do is in the email ap tap anywhere and hold the stylus for a second then select "select all".

Now tap anywhere in the email again and hold down the stylus for a second and select copy.

Now switch to the tasks application (which for me is just option+Calander button). Now select Menu->New Task->Notes
    Menu->Paste

You can easily sort the tasks by selecting Menu->Sort By->Priority the select Menu-Sort By-> Date.

Now you tasks are sorted by Date first and Priority second. It will always remember the last sort selected so if you want to sort by 2 different conditions just do one first and then the other.

It sounds like a lot of steps but in reality it can be done in a split second once you are fluent moving around in WM.

Hope it helps
    Thanks - it helps tremendously. The tasks sort is a good process (and, you're right, not particularly complicated once you do it a couple of times). I was just hoping for a dynamic sort. That is, for example, if the priority or date of a task is changed, you have to manually sort again. But I'll say, even with this limitation POutlook is probably more user friendly than adding another program (which I'm always a little leery of just for performance issues).

And cool trick with the email to task - all you have to do after that is enter the name of the task. Goes to show that WM has a learning curve after years of POS. Thanks!