1.    #1  
    Hello, Can some of the "pro's" in here please give me some advice?

I am thinking of getting the 800w in the next few days but I have some questions. How is the sound quality and volume? Does it work with a blue tooth headset? Where there bugs? Did they or people on here figure out how to fix any trouble concerning the above? These are things that are important to me.

I had a 700wx about 14 months ago, well I should say 3 of them within a month. The problem I was having is that the volume level was very low, and the unit had to be next to my jaw to get clear bluetooth reception in my headset. The guys at the local Sprint store couldn't believe how poor the reception was on bluetooth, we tried about 8 different headsets.

I LOVED the 700wx,if I could have found a phone with without the above listed troubles I would have kept it!
    I would get one again if they fixed this stuff.

Did the 700wx get those fixes? Did the 800w have trouble and if so did it get the fixes? Or is there fixes on this site that someone savvy in this stuff could install for me?

Thanks!!!!!
    You should go through the sticky at the top and the links within: FAQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake002 View Post

I am thinking of getting the 800w in the next few days but I have some questions. How is the sound quality and volume? Does it work with a blue tooth headset? Where there bugs? Did they or people on here figure out how to fix any trouble concerning the above? These are things that are important to me.
    Blake002, just being straight up with you. Wait a few weeks and get the coming Sprint Treo Pro. It should be out within the next few weeks and is Sprint's replacement for the 800w. The 800w is going EOL.

Regarding sound quality and volume, see this old thread and judge for yourself:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...l-quality.html

The 800w works with a BT headset, but not very well. The headset volume always resets to LOW after you make a call. So each time you make a call you have to manually pump the volume up and tell the person on the other end to hold on while you try and get the volume up fast enough to hear them. This is an issue with some WM devices, but not all, the 800w is one that has the issue. The GSM Treo Pro is not known to have this issue. Neither does the Sprint HTC Touch Pro and Touch Diamond. Because of that BT volume bug, when using software such as acbToggleBT, the volume can't be adjusted. (acbToggleBT and programs like it allow device audio to play into a non-stereo BT headset, so you can do things like listen to music, SprintTV audio or any audio through a regular BT headset and use the BT headset for more than calls.) When I had an 800w, I abandoned my BT headset because it was too much hassle to bother with the volume issues. And when using my Moto T505 car kit I always had to crank up the volume when calls came in. This meant, when using the 800w to play music in my car, I'd have the volume at one level, have to crank up the volume when a call came in and quickly lower the volume after the call before music started playing at that high volume. That was not enjoyable for me.

There are lots of bugs, but most of them are not in the GSM Palm Treo Pro and its hoped likewise will not be in the coming Sprint Palm Treo Pro. The Sprint Palm Treo Pro has been delayed several times in an effort to ensure all its bugs are removed prior to final release. It's currently slated to release in the next 2-3 weeks, may release sooner. If you can hold off for a month to see how it performs once released, it may be well worth the wait.
    I loved my 800w, and didn't experience any significant bugs. Most polls one these boards indicated that the majority of people have had good experiences with this phone.

You can certainly wait for the Treo Pro, or wait even longer for the Pre, or wait even longer for the Touch Diamond or Pro 2. There will always be a newer phone out there. The fact is that, if the 800w has specs to meet your needs, I think you'll like it.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    The headset sound is a little muff. Use your BT.

GPS will not work unless you are within sighting of Sprint. There is a hack for this and I never try.

Other than that, its a good phone compare to flipper like the Touch Pro.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    GPS will not work unless you are within sighting of Sprint. T.
    The hack does not address the fact that GPS will not work outside of US type CDMA coverage areas.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I have used a BT external receiver and use GSPGate and it work on the 800w.

Its just that it is a annoyance to carry the BT external receiver.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Blake, you've had 3 700wx's and I've had 3 800's. Again being straight up. The 800 is flawed and being discontinued shortly. Wait for the Treo Pro which fixes just about all the 800 bugs.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    I have also had 3 - if money is not a problem, I would opt to wait for the Treo Pro.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks everyone! I may just try the 755p, I would hate not having windows though, I did go to the Sprint store last night and looked around for awhile, and sure enough the 800 was the lowest volume ect, I liked the curve but i want to try and stick with a palm, as I would hate losing the touch screen. I'll have to think about this. Thanks again.....
    Last edited by Blake002; 02/22/2009 at 05:55 AM.
    If thats the case then get a Centro. I have one and its a great device. The 755 is huge.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    I'm surprised you had those kind of problems with bluetooth on the 700wx, as on my old 700wx, I could use my bluetooth headset while the 700wx was in my pants pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake002 View Post
    Thanks everyone! I may just try the 755p, I would hate not having windows though, I did go to the Sprint store last night and looked around for awhile, and sure enough the 800 was the lowest volume ect, I liked the curve but i want to try and stick with a palm, as I would hate losing the touch screen. I'll have to think about this. Thanks again.....
    Have you thought about the Palm Pre at all? That is the coming replacement for the 755p.